Repetier-Server do not stop/start properly

Hi there,
I have just installe the actual version 0.50.2 of Repetier-Server on my Raspberry. Installation was really easy and on the first view it seems to run properly, including internet access and user management.
The server starts directly when I boot the raspberry.

But now I have found a problem, which I cannot solve.

When I get access to it from another machine with it's network address and port number 3344 everything is ok, the server keeps running and I can work with it.

But when I try to get access directly on the raspberry by using the preinstalled webbrowser and enter the network address like above or "localhost:3344" the server stops at once.
The answer from the command "/etc/init.d/RepetierServer status" is:
"[FAIL] Repetier-Server is not running".

How can I access to the Repetier-Server UI directly on the raspberry?

Hope anyone can help me
Cu
Klaus

Comments

• I went into the desktop on my beaglebone black, and was able to pull up the server from the browser using 'IPaddress':3344

When first starting with server I ran into issues with the software because of all of the changes I had made to try and accomodate repetier-host. After I reimaged my beaglebone, the very first thing I did was install server, and have run into no issues since. Depending on how much customization you have already done, you may find this to be the solution.
  • Do not trust status. For me it currently also says fail. Check with 
    ps aux | grep tier

Beside this running the webbrowser with the contents in parallel does not sound like the best idea. It loads quite some javascript and css so I guess it is too much for a small pi and some parts may creash for out of memory. The interface is more for remote browsers or at leat computers with sufficient ram.

One of next steps will be a interface for stand alone printer with touchdisplay. That interface will be much compacter as it is intended to run a pi or beaglebone. It will not offer everything, but the most important parts. For the full interface you then can use a tablet or smartphone or pc.
  • One of next steps will be a interface for stand alone printer with touchdisplay. That interface will be much compacter as it is intended to run a pi or beaglebone. It will not offer everything, but the most important parts. For the full interface you then can use a tablet or smartphone or pc.
    Hi,
    a Shutdown Button would be great for this interface (as well as for the web interface)

regards,
    Stefan
  • We have a Manual, watch Advanced Themes -> Calling External Commands