Unable to add Kliper on OEM version 1.4.15 with Armbian 23.11.1 Jammy

When the Install button is selected and the Klipper version is selected, a terminal window is opened asking for the password for repetierserver but the terminal window does not accept text input and therefore the password can not be entered.

If a terminal window is opened from Global Settings, it does accept text and the password can be entered.

Is there a way allow the terminal window opened by the Install to accept text?

Or can Klipper be installed into the proper locations for Repetier-Server from the terminal window

Comments

• I also found that if I open SSH in Putty and try to log in as repetierserver, as soon as I issue the password for repetierserver. the Putty window is closed. Note that previous comment shows that if I open a terminal window in the Server, it will ask for password for repetierserver and then ask for another account login and password.
  • Du you have sudo istalled? repetierserver has no password so you can not use it to login directly.
    On installation it adds a file
    /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms
    that allows running klipper install as root due to these lines:
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installInputShaping
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/createFirmware
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/uninstallKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/restartKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/inputShaping
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/updateKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/getKlipperLog
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installRepetierNightly
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installRepetierLatest

but this only works when sudo is installed. When you get asked a password it would normally mean sudo is installed, but the file is missing or being ignored. We assume that the starting /etc/sudoers file contains this line:
    @includedir /etc/sudoers.d

• I probably created the issue because I added a password to repetierserver. I'll start from scratch and not add a password and see what happens.
  • Password should make no difference. It is only important that sudo is configured to run the commands without password question, which is what the configuration above would do.
  • edited February 26
    I started the installation from scratch but this time I didn't set a password for repetierserver and didn't set it for SU. Everything worked fine. I was able to install Klipper. Now my issue is that I need to modify Klipper to work with the Enraged Rabbit Carrot Feeder. I am attempting to install Happy-Hare It provides selections to specify the installation folder and the configuration folder. But when it runs, it can't find the Klipper service even though it must be running because the printer works. Is the service running under a different name?
  • Service name is not visible you only see started file. Service is defined in /etc/init.d in filename klipper_Slugname.  Klipper gets installed in /opt/klipper in subdirectories. there you can modify klipper after installation as needed.