Server Monitor + Armbian

Hi guys,

I have successfully installed the Repetier Server on my Orange Pi 5 (Linux 64 bit ARM). Unfortunately I am not able to install the Repetier Server Monitor on the device. When I click on the AppImage file nothing happens ... 

Comments

• Arm version was only tested on debian and requires 32 bit arm (or at least is compiled for 32 bit arm).
    When you start it from terminal do you get any messages? Most likely you are just missing a dll file that is normally there. Or it will not work due to 64 bit version and not having any 32 bit libraries.
  • It says: no such file or directory ...
  • I tried this: 

dpkg --add-architecture armhf
    apt-get update
    apt-get install libc6:armhf libstdc++6:armhf
    cd /lib
    ln -s arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-2.23.so ld-linux.so.3

Source: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4764-running-32-bit-applications-on-aarch64/

But now I'm getting the error: .AppImage error while loading shared libraries: libz.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • Try
    sudo apt-get install -y zlib1g-dev

and hope it also adds 32 bit version. But that is the package that would install it. Also there should be a non dev version as well.
  • edited May 2023
    For both, the newest version is already installed .. therefore no change ..
  • Do I have to install the packages in a specific folder or define a path for them?
  • I think the main problem is, that you are using 64 bit environment and 32 bit libraries are far from complete since it is not needed for armbian where all is 64 bit. But appimage is unfortunately 32 bit so needs them. And just linking 64 bit version will not work either as they will likely crash the app for being wrong format.
  • Which SBC would you recommend which is capable of running the full Linux version of the Server Monitor?
  • Alternatively I could go direction Mini-ITX
  • I have it only running on a Raspberry 4 with 32 bit arm version.

Did you check if there is a 32 bit version of armbian for your board? 64 bit makes only sense if you have at least 4gb ram, so normally 32 bit is better for low ram boards even if they can run 64 bit.
  • Nope, not available at all. Thanks for your help!

I might just buy a used MS Surface tablet as it brings the tablet usability and handiness for people to control the printers. Currently got 5 MK3S running on one RPI4+Repetier, will add a 6th soon and couple of V-Cores will get their own Repetier Server soon and then I want a tablet for the workers to start released print files by their own.