Unable to upload gcode from Prusa to Repetier OEM

edited September 2022 in Questions & Answers
I'm sure this is probably not your problem but maybe someone has a solution. The Prusa slicer allows uploading gcodes to the Repetier Server. But will not allow uploading to the OEM version of Repetier Server. It gives an error "Mismatched type of print host."

Comments

• Yes, it is a "problem" in PrusaSlicer until 2.5. They compare the name to be Repetier-Server. They know about it and PrusaSlicer 2.6 should have a fixed solution. I already got a test version with bug fix that seemed to fix this issue.

So only solution until then would be to comment the oem branding name in the RepetierServer.xml file where it gets set, then slicer will accept it. 
  • I did find on their github that this is slated to be fixed in version 2.6.0.
  • The title should read Unable to post From Prusa to OEM. Sorry. I posted this at the end of a long night.
  • Changed in case others look for the issue.
  • Thank you. Hopefully they will update before I'm ready to ship. If not we'll just have to work around them. It seems most people use Cura anyway. I haven't tested it yet.
  • Cura is not better regarding server upload. There is a plugin (not from us) but it seems to have some edges. 
  • I have verified this functionality in PrusaSlicer-2.6.0-alpha4+win64-202302180012.