Differences between Windows version and Linux version?

Good morning,

I am compiling and testing various software in an attempt to move off Windows and on to Linux full time. I have recently gotten into 3D printing and successfully built a Tronxy X1, and printed many wonderful things with it.
The other day I ran across the "non manifold" error from a .STL file I downloaded from ThingiVerse. Under Windows, there is a "repair" option on the main screen (just above the error message)
Under the Linux version (I'm running Debian 11) the error message will show, but no option to auto-repair.
Am I missing something, or is the Linux version of Repetier-Host not on a one-to-one feature par with the Windows version?

My Linux settings:
Motile 14 Laptop
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 8GB DDR4
M.2 SSD
3D Printer: Tronxy X1 attached via USB 2.0 cable

Comments

• It is a 1:1 copy - actually identical binary. Reason that function is missing is that it is not us doing repair. It is a windows 10 function of the OS. So also on window older W10 it will not be available.
  • Repetier said:
    It is a 1:1 copy - actually identical binary. Reason that function is missing is that it is not us doing repair. It is a windows 10 function of the OS. So also on window older W10 it will not be available.
    Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you for that information.
    Can you suggest a Linux -equivalent repair program?
  • Not really. In past they had a website where you could upload the file for repair and got it repaired back.But that is down. Googling I found this one which looks promising:
    https://products.aspose.app/3d/repairing/3mf

• I also found the "repair" feature in RH under Win10 :-)
    I have an STL file that reports "non-manifold" and after running the feature it displays "is manifold" on the status screen, but when slicing (slicer3) with supports enabled it has blank alternate layers !!.  With supports disabled the output seems OK.  Can anyone comment on how good the windows feature is ??  Has anyone found a better "fixer-upper" ??
    Regards
    Dave