BananaPi M3

I purchased a Banana Pi M3. It is a RasperryPi "clone" with 8 cores, 2GB RAM and a Sata port, an 8BG emmc as well as an SD Card.

IT seems that it is a strange little bird in that you just don't fire off a RPi image and run it. There are some differences in the board compared to a rpi.

Anyhow, I have it running Armbian and Repetier Server Linux 32 Bit ARM (armhf).

With the Raspberry Pi image you get the touch interface. Is there a way to add it to the install I have on the BananaPi?

Comments

• That is no real problem. Touch interface is just chromium started in kiosk mode with touch interface url. We use a autostart file for desktop to start it at boot up like this:

rm /home/pi/.config/chromium/SingletonLock
    chromium-browser --force-device-scale-factor=1 --disable-features=TranslateUI,Translate --app-auto-launched --disable-pinch --noerrdialogs --disable-suggestions-service --disable-translate --disable-save-password-bubble --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --touch-events=disabled --disable-gesture-typing --kiosk --check-for-update-interval=31536000 --remote-debugging-port=9222 http://127.0.0.1:3344/modules/front2/app/app.html &

So just make that as autostart and you should have your touch screen.
  • WoooHooo, I ended up moving my Repetier install from the pi to a mini PC that WAS used as my router. Stacking a pfsense router behind the AT&T gateway was proving to be problematic, especially with a block of Static public IP addresses for my servers.

The mini-pc might not be as powerful as the pi, 2 core Celeron versus an 8 core ARM chip. But more RAM and the large 10 inch touch screen is great! Should be a good platform to sit between my two Geeetech A30T's.