favicon change

edited November 2021 in Repetier-Server
Hello, maybe a dumb question but why does my new favicon doenst show up?

i converted a png to ico and moved the file to /usr/local/Repetier-Server/www/Repetier_Server_Shadow/favicon.ico
but nothing changes. 
the logo works fine, its in /usr/local/Repetier-Server/www/Repetier_Server_Shadow/img/logo-60.png

what do i wrong here? <span>:hushed:</span>

Comments

• hello. Maybe the favicon is saved in your browser cache? Lease try to clear or disable your cache. 

• did that already, doenst work :/ but the paths should be correct? or do i have to move the shadow directory to /usr/local/Repetier-Server/Repetier_Server_Shadow/

i really dont get smarter with the tutorials, they are a bit confusing and chaotic to me. 

for example 

"Important to notice!!!

You should move your shadow-www-directory to the installation folder and adjust your RepetierServer-extra.xml. It does not make sense to create a separate folder structure for this."

but thats exactly what i am doing, isnt it? i make the shadow directory, and in it the img folder, so im building a seperate folder structure. 

can you maybe enlighten me a bit? i think i confuse the simple things the way it is written in the tutorials...

• The new default shadow directory on pi is /var/lib/Repetier-Server/www

This has the advantage that on server start the user gets explicitly set to repetierserver. If repetierserver has no read permissions it won't show the file. So move to that and remove your extra file or set shadow to that as well and try again. Try also to load the file explicitly in url - it is not clear when browsers decide to take new favicon. Or try in a private tab.

Also note that depending on device other files are used as icon. Here from index the possible file names

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/img/touch-icon-iphone.png"/>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/img/touch-icon-ipad.png"/>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/img/touch-icon-iphone4.png"/>

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/img/apple-touch-icon.png?v=m2LOkK5k8M">
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="/img/favicon-32x32.png?v=m2LOkK5k8M">
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192" href="/img/android-chrome-192x192.png?v=m2LOkK5k8M">
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="/img/favicon-16x16.png?v=m2LOkK5k8M">
    <link rel="manifest" href="/img/site.webmanifest?v=m2LOkK5k8M">
    <link rel="mask-icon" href="/img/safari-pinned-tab.svg?v=m2LOkK5k8M" color="#5bbad5">
    <meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#ffffff">
    <meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/img/mstile-144x144.png?v=m2LOkK5k8M">