Corrupted Prints

edited April 2021 in Bug Reports
Every now and then my prints get corrupted, varies but usually I have to reinstall the Pi Deb install to resolve then ok till the next time. 
It’s not the GCODE because when I use the same GCODE after reinstall all is ok.
v0.94.3.
Prusa MK3S 

I can tell there will be a corruption as soon as the first layer starts printing, very fas 1st perimeter then prints a diagonal line from corner to corner, then.... see photo.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7g2clcE9XbMwKJzRlVnMiDSWXKxHxXx

Comments

• Hi, I have got exactly the same problem. I have run Repetier for a while now and this problem begins last week for me. I have MK3S+ and have checked my belts, I have clean and re-greased all moving parts, I have run belt check on printers and of course was everything perfect. At last I was able to connected to my brain and tested a print from SD card and the print was perfect. So after that I was sure that the problem are not the printer and found this Bug reports and hopefully some more gifted than me can finding out the problem with Repetier-server and this bad prints
  • PGe68 said:
    Hi, I have got exactly the same problem. I have run Repetier for a while now and this problem begins last week for me. I have MK3S+ and have checked my belts, I have clean and re-greased all moving parts, I have run belt check on printers and of course was everything perfect. At last I was able to connected to my brain and tested a print from SD card and the print was perfect. So after that I was sure that the problem are not the printer and found this Bug reports and hopefully some more gifted than me can finding out the problem with Repetier-server and this bad prints
    I’ve had this problem randomly for a few months, last time this cropped up was a few weeks ago. Just a restart sorted that. Usually that’s all it needs. This time only thing that worked was a reinstall of the DEB.... initially I thought is was me not shutting down the Repetier properly before turning off my MK3s, or disconnecting the power accidentally. May these were issues but this last time I’m 99% sure I shut down Repetier properly last night. Not a massive problem for me as long as it doesn’t keep happening.
  • NickRno77 said:
    Every now and then my prints get corrupted, varies but usually I have to reinstall the Pi Deb install to resolve then ok till the next time. 
    It’s not the GCODE because when I use the same GCODE after reinstall all is ok.
    v0.94.3.
    Prusa MK3S 

I can tell there will be a corruption as soon as the first layer starts printing, very fas 1st perimeter then prints a diagonal line from corner to corner, then.... see photo.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7g2clcE9XbMwKJzRlVnMiDSWXKxHxXx

Typo *very fast 1st perimeter 
  • You should upgrade to 1.0.4 for all the fixes being made. Not really sure what is going wrong here - looks a bit like under extrusion but for some moves it seems extrusion misses completely. Maybe not switched to relative extrusion while print is. Ever tried just deactivate and activate to reinit connection and start commands send to printer. At least one of the in between versions had the problem that sometimes a line at startup was not send in some connection combinations.
  • Repetier said:
    You should upgrade to 1.0.4 for all the fixes being made. Not really sure what is going wrong here - looks a bit like under extrusion but for some moves it seems extrusion misses completely. Maybe not switched to relative extrusion while print is. Ever tried just deactivate and activate to reinit connection and start commands send to printer. At least one of the in between versions had the problem that sometimes a line at startup was not send in some connection combinations.
    Ok I’ll try updating again.... I haven’t tried deactivate and reactivate, I’ll try if I have problem after update. If I get it again I’ll video the print.

Thanks
  • NickRno77 said:
    Repetier said:
    You should upgrade to 1.0.4 for all the fixes being made. Not really sure what is going wrong here - looks a bit like under extrusion but for some moves it seems extrusion misses completely. Maybe not switched to relative extrusion while print is. Ever tried just deactivate and activate to reinit connection and start commands send to printer. At least one of the in between versions had the problem that sometimes a line at startup was not send in some connection combinations.
    Ok I’ll try updating again.... I haven’t tried deactivate and reactivate, I’ll try if I have problem after update. If I get it again I’ll video the print.

Thanks
    Hi NickRno77
    Which FW version are you running on your MK3S? I am running version 3.10.0-RC1

//Patrick
  • PGe68 said:
    NickRno77 said:
    Repetier said:

Thanks
    Hi NickRno77
    Which FW version are you running on your MK3S? I am running version 3.10.0-RC1

//Patrick
    I’m running V3.9.3 latest, Not RC. Slightly tweaked for Prusa Mk3s Bear 
  • I'm running many prints lately on my prusa mk3s with original 3.9.3 without problems. I guess if it happens one special setting got wrong somehow, also I have no idea which could cause such prints.
  • I have two MK3S and one MK3S +, I run MK3S on FW 3.9.3 and I run MK3S + with FW 3.10.0-RC1 and all three printers have the same error. I tried last night to reInstall Repetier-Server with Image V25 (1.0.4) on a new RPi 4 4GB, new 32GB SD card and a brand new RPi USB-C Power supply and another USB cable (Not "factory" new) but the same error on the printout remains.
    I connected my OctoPrint to MK3s +, printed the same Gcode perfectly, also from SD card it is perfect, so I "dare" to say that the error is in the Repetier-Server direction .........

Greetings, Patrick
  • PGe68 said:
    I have two MK3S and one MK3S +, I run MK3S on FW 3.9.3 and I run MK3S + with FW 3.10.0-RC1 and all three printers have the same error. I tried last night to reInstall Repetier-Server with Image V25 (1.0.4) on a new RPi 4 4GB, new 32GB SD card and a brand new RPi USB-C Power supply and another USB cable (Not "factory" new) but the same error on the printout remains.
    I connected my OctoPrint to MK3s +, printed the same Gcode perfectly, also from SD card it is perfect, so I "dare" to say that the error is in the Repetier-Server direction .........

Greetings, Patrick
    Could it be your Repetier Printer Prusa settings? 

Is be interested to see a video of the problem. 
  • Try activating ping-pong. Than print order is same as in OctoPrint. Otherwise server will try command sin parallel and with bad input buffer size that can cause problems, but these normally get fixed. But would not be the only printer requiring ping pong.
  • Hi, I'm been following your advice on activating ping-pong and now it seems to be working fine again. I have tried to print the same Gcode that failed and it looks good
    I have no idea what ping-pong really is / does but it looks like it works for my MK3S printers with this enabled
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it because Repetier fits my way of using my printers, better than I think OctoPrint does. In fact, I do not think that you can really compare OctoPrint with Repetier-Server because they are good in different ways

-- Patrick
  • PGe68 said:
    Hi, I'm been following your advice on activating ping-pong and now it seems to be working fine again. I have tried to print the same Gcode that failed and it looks good
    I have no idea what ping-pong really is / does but it looks like it works for my MK3S printers with this enabled
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it because Repetier fits my way of using my printers, better than I think OctoPrint does. In fact, I do not think that you can really compare OctoPrint with Repetier-Server because they are good in different ways

-- Patrick
    Good to hear that worked although mine is fine now? Where is this setting for activating Ping-Pong

• In communication settings of printer in server.
  • Repetier said:
    In communication settings of printer in server.
    My ping pong is not set on, If I get problems again  I’ll switch it on.
  • edited April 2021
    Repetier said:
    Try activating ping-pong. Than print order is same as in OctoPrint. Otherwise server will try command sin parallel and with bad input buffer size that can cause problems, but these normally get fixed. But would not be the only printer requiring ping pong.
    Ok I have had problem again, this time I replicated going back to my test square. It did exactly the same on this as before updating to RS V1. So updating wasn’t a fix but has worked ok anyway since. 

I set ping pong on, saved config, Repetier reconnected to Prusa. Checked test square again, all seems fine. I’m not sure how setting ping pong on will affect my printing going forward? 

BTW I guess your translation on the instructions to set Autodetect Values is not correct.

Here’s is the video of the phenomenon:) . 

• Thanks for the video. It clearly shows there is no communication issue at all. Actually from server side it looks well.
    The only thing I see is that the bed seems to be leveled incorrectly. The left front seems to be too high so extruder fails to extruder there. When nozzle is closer to bed it needs more force to extruder and might even fail. Nothing you normally see on a prusa since it autolevels. You can try increasing first layer height or adjust z offset for z probe. The pinda z probe is temperature dependent so you need to compensate for the pinda temperature, which might explain why it only sometimes happens. Don't know how much difference that makes, just read that this is the improvement of the pinda 2 and that firmware detects the type and corrects it based on measured temperature but I think it can also be calibrated. Not sure here.

Normally I would expect the same result with same bed temperature which is the main source to heat up pinda. But I also think it depend on how long you were close to the hot bed before starting.

You might also want to clean the extruder drive so it has more force. If it has lots of debris between teeth it starts loosing force.
  • edited April 2021
    @Repetier

Ok that’s an interesting theory but it doesn’t take into account the sometimes very fast movements and the diagonal line across the corners phenomenon.

Also this carried on all the way through the print on the photo I sent you the link of.

That movement does not happen when the print works.

Anyway so far since I’ve turned on ping pong I haven’t had a problem.