Picaso 250 pro printer settings

edited February 2021 in Repetier-Server
Hello. I use 3 wanhao printers with marlin software on repetier server, and i want to use my picaso printer with repetier too, but i don't know, how to set it up. Please, help me

Comments

• What firmware does it use? Seems hard to find the information. Question is do they use a supported firmware or do they have a own solution and if so is it compatible to one of the supported standards. If you have some more information on this I might be able to tell you.
  • Repetier said:
    What firmware does it use? Seems hard to find the information. Question is do they use a supported firmware or do they have a own solution and if so is it compatible to one of the supported standards. If you have some more information on this I might be able to tell you.
    In kisslicer it is indicated as "5D absolite E", and in printer menu "software version 1.06", so i can't define, what firmware it is. It looks like modified marlin, but repetier server can't connect with marlin settings . 
  • So it reads regular gcode at least. Now question is communication. Marlin would also be my first try. Open one windows with console active so you see if anything is happening. In a second window run configuration. Try changing dtr/rts to end with different states. Did they say baud rate? Otherwise 115200 and 250000 or the most likely. Try to make something appear on console then baud rate is correct and we can proceed. Make sure to use right serial port (does one appear when you connect?).

You can also try serial terminal software and talk directly - then you do not have the filters form server that hide some garbish. The supported protocols are all ascii so that is no problem. If they use the Makerbot protocol on the other side it will not work.