How to turn 'Show Travel Moves' on by default?

Hi, I used Repetier-Host on my macbook to preview the gcode files that I produce with custom scripts for my pen plotter. This has been my workflow for two years now and I'm migrating to Windows, but sadly the Windows version of Repetier Host doesn't have travel moves on my default and it doesn't remember the setting.

Is there any way I can dig into the files of Repetier host and make it so that Show Travel Moves is always turned on by default when starting up the software? It's an unnecessary step that I have to perform. Also, it would be awesome when opening a Gcode file with host, that the software should realize that it needs to immediately open the 'Print Preview' tab (because, when opening a gcode file, it's of course logical you immediately want to go to the preview?).

I've also discovered a bug. Even though I only chose to have Repetier identify with gcode files, it automatically still keeps owning all 3D-type files like obj, stl, etc. Also when unticking the boxes in the settings, the next time I open the program it ticks all the boxes by itself.

I hope someone knows if I can change the behaviour of the software on this level. Anyway, food for thought for the developers and maybe some functionality to implement in the next version? If I was a software developer I would love to help improve the program but sadly I'm not. It's a great piece of software and it was the first I ever used when I started 3D-printing back in 2012.

Comments

• In my windows host version the changes get stored. It also switches to preview when loading gcode. So I either have already fixed it for next release or you are using an older release then 2.1.6

The check boxes for file association are not showing what is associated - it is to select what you want to associate when you hit the associate button.
  • Repetier said:
    In my windows host version the changes get stored. It also switches to preview when loading gcode. So I either have already fixed it for next release or you are using an older release then 2.1.6

The check boxes for file association are not showing what is associated - it is to select what you want to associate when you hit the associate button.

Thanks for your swift reply. I am in fact using 2.1.6 on Windows 10. Good to hear it's already working on your side. Can it be that I have a bug? Any way of finding out?
  • I get it stored in 3D/disableTravelVisualization in registry. If you don't have it it is a change I already made for next release.
  • Repetier said:
    I get it stored in 3D/disableTravelVisualization in registry. If you don't have it it is a change I already made for next release.

Yep, indeed, doesn't show up in my registry. Well, I'm curious to see the next version. Thanks for your replies! :)