After upgrade from 0.93.1 to 0.94.0 Repetier server service do not start

This is the error I get: (tried also to update manually)

root@bananapim64:/home/printer # sudo dpkg -i Repetier-Server-0.94.0-Linux.deb 
(Reading database ... 105197 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack Repetier-Server-0.94.0-Linux.deb ...
Uninstall Repetier-Server
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/RepetierServer.service.
Unpacking repetier-server (0.94.0) over (0.94.0) ...
Setting up repetier-server (0.94.0) ...
Install Repetier-Server
chmod: cannot access '/usr/local/Repetier-Server/modules/firmware/bin/dfu-util': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/usr/local/Repetier-Server/modules/firmware/bin/dfu-suffix': No such file or directory
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/RepetierServer.service -> /lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service.
Job for RepetierServer.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
See "systemctl status RepetierServer.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.41) ...

journalctl -xe shows:
-- Unit RepetierServer.service has begun starting up.
Jun 14 15:05:19 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Control process exited, code=dumped status=4
Jun 14 15:05:19 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
Jun 14 15:05:19 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server.
-- Subject: Unit RepetierServer.service has failed

What should I do next?

Comments

• systemctl status RepetierServer.service
    * RepetierServer.service - Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Sun 2020-06-14 19:13:42 IDT; 1min 6s ago
      Process: 21984 ExecStart=/usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/RepetierServer -c /usr/local/Repetier-Server/etc/RepetierServer.xml --daemon (code=dumped, signal
      Process: 21983 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R repetierserver /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 21982 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Service has no hold-off time, scheduling restart.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 7.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: Stopped Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server.
    ...skipping...
    * RepetierServer.service - Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Sun 2020-06-14 19:13:42 IDT; 1min 6s ago
      Process: 21984 ExecStart=/usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/RepetierServer -c /usr/local/Repetier-Server/etc/RepetierServer.xml --daemon (code=dumped, signal
      Process: 21983 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R repetierserver /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 21982 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Service has no hold-off time, scheduling restart.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 7.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: Stopped Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: RepetierServer.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
    Jun 14 19:13:42 bananapim64_1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Repetier-Server 3D Printer Server.
  • What processor type are you running? I think you have installed the wrong type. If you have a armv7 processor you need the armhf version. armel will use a processor instruction that does not exist on armv7 and might not get catched by kernel.
  • Also when you have a 64 bit processor it is important if the os is 64 bit or not. If you have the 32 bit kernel use the 32 bit armhf version instead.
  • Hello, I have the Banana PI M64 that is: Allwinner A64 1.2 Ghz Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53.
    I have in the past installed the same version that I have tried to install now.
    http://download.repetier.com/files/server/debian-arm64hf/Repetier-Server-0.94.0-Linux.deb
    There is no other x64 version for ARM.
    So this is the only option.

And my Linux version is:
    Linux bananapim64_1 5.1.16-sunxi64 #5.88 SMP Mon Mar 2 19:27:58 IST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
  • Ok see problem I think. I now use a cross compiler and it seems it was set to 32 bit also I selected cortex53 as cpu type. Will recreate that path and see if it improves.
  • When can I try again?
  • Please try beta. It works on my ordoid C2 so hope it now also runs on your banana pi:

wget http://download1.repetier.com/files/server/debian-arm64hf/Repetier-Server-0.94.1-Linux.deb

sudo dpkg -i Repetier-Server-0.94.1-Linux.deb

• Repetier said:
    Please try beta. It works on my ordoid C2 so hope it now also runs on your banana pi:

wget http://download1.repetier.com/files/server/debian-arm64hf/Repetier-Server-0.94.1-Linux.deb

sudo dpkg -i Repetier-Server-0.94.1-Linux.deb

It seems that it was installed Ok and the service is started. looks good but I do not see any difference between this version to the one I had before... Repetier-Server-0.93.1-Linux.deb
  • Don't you see a bolt after a minute in the gui with hardware info? And the new version number?
    Many changes are internally and some functions are added but the overall appeareance has not changed of course. 
  • Repetier said:
    Don't you see a bolt after a minute in the gui with hardware info? And the new version number?
    Many changes are internally and some functions are added but the overall appeareance has not changed of course. 
    Yes I do see the version change & the hardware info lightning symbol, hopefully the bug that if the printer stops from some failure, I cannot start a new printing process from the Repetier host till I log into the Repetier server web page and delete the last printing. 
  • You can start it from host. Host also sees the print queue and allows you to delete/start files in print queue. Just change the tab.
  • Repetier said:
    You can start it from host. Host also sees the print queue and allows you to delete/start files in print queue. Just change the tab.

Did not find it..

• In Server tab you have a tab "Stored prints". If you have a file in queue there also "Waiting Prints" appears. So only visible if you have there a print that prevents a new one from being started directly.