Webcam Problem Config on my printers

Hi, i've installed on a Raspberry Pi4 2 printers with my Pro Version. On the raspberry i've connected 2 webcam recently i've buy. Now on the printer setting i can select only 1 webcam, other webcam not run and not appear on the webcam list to configure. Anyone can help me?

Thanks
thelogantech

Comments

• Are these identical webcams? If they are identical make sure 

/usr/local/Repetier-Setup/etc/webcam.conf contains

WEBCAM_DIR=/dev/v4l/by-path/*

and not by-id - with identical ids you would only see one.

If different webcams run

sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams

in ssh console and check for error messages. Also check /var/log/syslog for messages why mjpg_streamer failed if it is not already apparent form the start on console.

• Run!

Thanks for support
  • Repetier said:
    Are these identical webcams? If they are identical make sure 

/usr/local/Repetier-Setup/etc/webcam.conf contains

WEBCAM_DIR=/dev/v4l/by-path/*

and not by-id - with identical ids you would only see one.

If different webcams run

sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams

in ssh console and check for error messages. Also check /var/log/syslog for messages why mjpg_streamer failed if it is not already apparent form the start on console.

Hi, i need to re-open this post because today i have the same problem + other by webcam.

I have 2 webcam Aukey (same model) and the software in list show 1 webcam of 2. If i send command on terminal i show the modify id to path, but not show the 2 webcam on list.

also my webcam are 1080p with 30 frames but if imposed on the software for example 720 as resolution the image in the stream can be seen jerky with red and yellow colors, and I cannot see the image well defined. you can see they are at 640x480 resolution. at 1920x1080 resolution no preview image is seen, from white background.
  • When you change to by-path you need to reboot the pi and you will get new names and ports to use.
    1080p 30fps is normally too much bandwidth. I even have the case that viewed with firefox it would freeze firefox. Needed to go down to 10fps on that to have enough bandwidth. Having two of them reducing fps is surely a good idea.

Not all webcams can work in all resolutions. I also had one case where sometime some bytes at the bottom were missing getting changing heights. That was on a pi0 where power was not enough for resolution. With lower resolutions it then worked. Not sure if that matches your red/yellow line comment. In my case it was only at the bottom of the image.

Import fact is that you need mjpg mode for webcam. You can not handle 2 webcams without it. Bandwidth is normally not good enough to transport the raw data fast enough. You easily see that in the cpu load of mjpg_streamer. If
    (stop with ctrl+C) shows more then 10 percent cpu load is is not mjpg and the streamer needs to do the compression.

> at 1920x1080 resolution no preview image is seen, from white background.
    you mean video worked just static image not? Unlikely as both use same streamer instance and either it works or not. Check if urls match apart from the parameter.