After upgrading Host FolgarTech I3 Z axis not working.

2 nights ago i upgraded to 2.1.6.  I do not recall the prev version but it is 3 or 4 gens old.  I have a highly modified folgartech Leadscrews, wades extruder.  It was tuned in perfectly...  I am using marlin 1.1.6 I believe.  and a SD card reader.  I save gcode and print from sd card.
After the host upgrade my z axis attempts to run 30 or 40 times too fast and ultimately goes nowhere.  I have changed every setting I can find.  Does anyone know where i go to get my old settings back or what setting to work with to slow z....

Thank you.

Comments

• So you hear a whining sound when z moves? It is more a firmware issue. Even if I tell Z to move to move with 200mm/s it is up to firmware to reduce this to a working speed. So have a look at eeprom settings if steps per mm or acceleration, jerk, max speed are too high.
  • But what changed from prev editions to this edition that now causes this.  I do not want to go rewrite firmware
  • In host you can check z axis feedrate in printer settings. But this is only used for the up/down buttons in host. For sliced gcode it depends on the slicer to send a lower speed.
  • Below are my settings They look ok to me and the documentation I can find.  
    Can you advise alternative settings.  My printer has been down since I upgraded and I was printing COVID PPE...
    and prototypes....
    /**
     * Default Axis Steps Per Unit (steps/mm)
     * Override with M92
     *                                      X, Y, Z, E0 [, E1[, E2[, E3[, E4]]]]
     */
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {400, 400, 4000, 595}  //TG12-13-17

/**
     * Default Max Feed Rate (mm/s)
     * Override with M203
     */
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 250, 250, 2, 250 }  //TG12-13-17

/**
     * Default Max Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
     * (Maximum start speed for accelerated moves)
     * Override with M201
     */
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1000, 1000, 5, 1000 }  //TG12-13-17

/**
     * Default Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
     * Override with M204
     *   M204 P    Acceleration
     *   M204 R    Retract Acceleration
     *   M204 T    Travel Acceleration
     */
    #define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          500    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves  //Enabled 12-30-17
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  500   // E acceleration for retracts  //TG1-17-18
    #define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   300    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves   //Enabled 12-30-17

/**
     * Default Jerk (mm/s)
     * Override with M205 X Y Z E
     * "Jerk" specifies the minimum speed change that requires acceleration.
     * When changing speed and direction, if the difference is less than the
     * value set here, it may happen instantaneously.
     */
    #define DEFAULT_XJERK                  0.40  //10-23-18 was 20
    #define DEFAULT_YJERK                  0.40  //10-23-18 was 20
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK                  0.4 
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK                  0.0   //10-25-18 was 5
  • Found the problem Cant locate the solution.
    This code is getting added to all new files.
    M201 X9000 Y9000 Z500 E10000 ; sets maximum accelerations, mm/sec^2
    M203 X500 Y500 Z12 E120 ; sets maximum feedrates, mm/sec
    M204 P1500 R1500 T1500 ; sets acceleration (P, T) and retract acceleration (R), mm/sec^2
    M205 X10.00 Y10.00 Z0.20 E2.50 ; sets the jerk limits, mm/sec
    M205 S0 T0 ; sets the minimum extruding and travel feed rate, mm/sec

IF it is needed M201 Z needs to be 2 not 500
  • I think this is defined in the PrusaSlicer configuration of the pinter start script definition.
  • Thank you for your reply,  I am confused here.  I am only using your software.  Who knows the answer if not the writers?
  • We are not the writers. The software not working is your printers firmware and that is I guess a modified Marlin firmware. Host just sends commands but the printer executes it. And since printer says it did move to position you see host did send it correctly. Execution is up to printer.
  • In my case I may be doing it wrong but I am opening Repetier, Loading the STL Slicing it and saving the file to a SD card.  Bringing the SD card to the printer.  The gcode is being generated BEFORE it is saved to the SD and that would be Repetier.  OR are you telling me  The slicers are third party add ins to your application in which case I have to contact them.   If that is so then Who are THEY to contact.  It is critical that I get back up and running.

• We are in deed not Writing the PrusaSlicer - it is written by prusa.

But I found where it stands. Printer settings->machine limits contains the values send in M20x at startup.

• Thank you,  I will try later this evening.

• waarom kan ik mijn printer niet meer verbinden
  • @Gillis Why posting in this thread and what did you change? Your question contains no informations on what you did, use etc.
  • That worked.  Thank you..  I can now change the perimeters.  BUT FYI.  The option for Printer settings was not there before I rebooted.  Meaning for the last 7 days or so ever since upgrading repetier I have not rebooted.  When I went to find the printer settings option you spoke of it was not there.  So I rebooted and relaunched repetier.  Now that option was available.  Now I have to spend the next few evenings tweeking the settings.  to get reliable prints again...

Thank you,