Timelapse generation crashes host after each print !

Hi

Running 0.86.2 on Raspberry Pi 3, the raspberry crashes always 2/3 minutes after end of print (while generating timelapse of the print). I reboot the Pi (through power cycle) and then timelapse generation process restarts and goes till the end without any problems !
Camera used is Chinese cheap USB: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01M6WTKRH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vincèn

Comments

• Could be a memory problem. If you have no display check /home/pi/.bash_rc near and and remove the start of xinit, that will save quite some memory.
    Are there any hints in server.log or /var/log/syslog about the problem?

An other things is that it is good thing if your pc also runs the server with ffmpeg and the pi knows about this, so it can outsource the video creation and also image rendering to a faster computer.
  • edited March 2018
    Repetier said:
    Could be a memory problem. If you have no display check /home/pi/.bash_rc near and and remove the start of xinit, that will save quite some memory.
    I guess you speak about this:
    #if ! pgrep "xinit" > /dev/null #then # xinit -- -nocursor 2> /dev/null > /dev/null & #fi
    If so it's already commented out on mine !
    Repetier said:
    Are there any hints in server.log or /var/log/syslog about the problem?
    Only thing I could found but it doesn't appear often and not directly linked with crash:
    Mar 7 10:23:08 Spooler-Imprimante-3D kernel: [ 4568.078781] uvcvideo: Non-zero status (-5) in status completion handler.
    Repetier said:
    An other things is that it is good thing if your pc also runs the server with ffmpeg and the pi knows about this, so it can outsource the video creation and also image rendering to a faster computer.
    Hum was not aware it was possible !! Thanks for the info so I have installed a new instance of Repetier-server on my big powerful server and setup my Repetier-server of the printer to use it ! So far it's connected successfully so will check how it goes next time I do a print and let you know if I still have a problem ;) Thanks
  • Yes, that's the xinit line I meant.