Question about Baud Rate and Arduino Due COM port driver

I understand my da Vinci 2.0A Duo with the newly flashed Repetier-Firmware v0.92.10 should be running with a baud rate of 230400. Everything is working fine for the most part.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 and have the drivers for an Arduino Due installed, details of the particular driver are as follows:

Driver Provider: Arduino LLC (www.arduino.cc)
Driver Date: 11/24/2015
Driver Version: 1.2.3.0

I installed the driver from the Arduino IDE v1.8.0 install package recommended for the flash.

The thing is, in the Port Settings under the properties for the Arduino Due COM port in my Device Manager, I only have a limited number of baud rates available to choose from, the highest being 128000.

Can someone else who has a similar setup verify what they have there, or what should be there?  I left everything at their default values.

Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Should I be using a different driver?  If I try to update the driver and uncheck "Show compatible hardware" I do have an Arduino Srl (www.arduino.org) option with two other Arduino Due models listed there.  I didn't want to try that though and mess up my functional setup.

Reason I am asking is that while printing in Repetier-Host I do occasionally get a message saying something about a missed line and something about the buffer.  The prints all look fine, though.

Also, I have yet to get Simply3D working.  Something there is wrong as far as communication.  I posted in their forum, too, but have yet to get an answer.  I thought maybe it has something to do with the Arduino Due driver I am using or the COM port settings in device manager.

Comments

• Do nothing. Device manager settings are not used anyway since these are only defaults and everybody uses own values.

Error rate can differ for different baud rates. 250000 and 115200 are also popular choices you could try. Apart from this our host/server can handle errors quite well so if you have an error every 1000 lines that would be no real problem also many printers manage 0 errors.