Host won't slice using Slic3rPE

I installed the latest version of Slic3rPE and wanted to start using Host again. When I went to slice, Slic3rPE opens up, but does not save the slice in the composition.gcode location and just stays open.

When I close Slic3rPE, I get an error window stating Host could not find the composition.gcode and shows the path to Slic3rPE.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Not really since slic3r just does not finish. Maybe you referenced the wrong file since there should not open any slic3r window during slicing. If it opens command line was ignored and only gui starts and of course does not generate the gcode. So check your executable referenced. There should be several also one for command line.
  • Found the problem. The file referenced was 'slic3r.exe' and not 'slic3r-noconsole.exe'
  • Chadr619 said:
    Found the problem. The file referenced was 'slic3r.exe' and not 'slic3r-noconsole.exe'
    Why is this a thing? I would never have guessed this would be necessary and it was not an issue until Slic3rPE v1.33.8.

Now I can use the latest Slic3rPE, Glad I found your post!
  • Host 2.1.0 includes 1.40.0-alpha already. In manager you can add additional slicers by setting the executable. Here you need to use the slic3r-noconsole.exe or the window will appear and prevent the batch job. To show the window we already add --gui so even noconsole can show console:-)
  • Hallo alle zusammen,

ich habe mit meinem Repetier Host bzw. dem Slic3r auch ein kleines Problem. Ich habe in den slicer Einstellungen den Prusa Slicer eingestellt. Das funktioniert auch problemlos, allerdings zeigt er im Slicer-Tab dann bei den Druckersettings immer noch die Einstellungen aus dem Pfad für den "normalen" Slic3r an.

In der Library habe ich gesehen das da zwei Settings-Ordner existieren - zum einen der vom Slic3r und zum anderen der Slic3rPE. Wo kann ich RepetierHost sagen von welchem Ordner er die Settings nehmen soll?

Das Betriebssystem ist Mac OSX. RepetierHost ist die aktuelle Version.

Ich habe schon alle möglichen Einstellungsmenüs durchgeschaut aber irgendwie finde ich diese Einstellung nicht. Wäre echt klasse wenn jemand einen Tipp für mich hätte.

Vielen Dank schon mal.

Grüße Artur

• Die Mac Version funktioniert nur mit dem originalen Slic3r. Nur die Windows/Linux version unterstützt mehrere Slic3r Versionen parallel mit eigenen Ordnern.
  • Hmm, schade... :/

Trotzdem, danke für die Rückmeldung.