Local touchscreen on printer ?

Hi,

My printer not being aside my computer I'd like to get a local control of basic stuffs (on/off heating bed and nozzle, basic move of bed and axes !). My Reprap i3 has an LCD display and one rotative/push buttons but it doesn't give access at anything !
I found that page on Repetier WEbsite https://www.repetier-server.com/booting-into-touchscreen-mode-for-linux/ but it doesn't list any touchscreen usable with it ! Any suggestions ? advices or feedback if you made something similar ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• If the linux + board + display combo works as touchscreen, the server will also work if you can setup chrome as fullscreen browser. It will select the biggest available resolution from a preset list that fits inside. 320x240 is minmum, but i would go for at least 3.5 imch 480x320 pixel. 7" is ideal but takes much place. Capavitive is better then resistive but both work. Our pi image works out of the box with original pi display 7" but can easily adapted to any pi compatible touchscreen.
  • Repetier said:
    If the linux + board + display combo works as touchscreen, the server will also work if you can setup chrome as fullscreen browser. It will select the biggest available resolution from a preset list that fits inside. 320x240 is minmum, but i would go for at least 3.5 imch 480x320 pixel. 7" is ideal but takes much place. Capavitive is better then resistive but both work. Our pi image works out of the box with original pi display 7" but can easily adapted to any pi compatible touchscreen.
    Thanks for clarification and so will definitively go for the PI 7" touchscreen as it looks to be the easiest solution and makes a pretty large screen so it's easier to read and use !
    Will look for a design to put all that together and attach it to printer ;)