v.0.80.3: Problem with WebCam installation

Hi,

but at the end I have some error massage after I write "./installWebcam2 install"

./installWebcam2: line 39: systemctl: command not found
./installWebcam2: line 40: systemctl: command not found
mjpg_streamer: unrecognized Service

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Comments

• systemctrl is part of newer systemd init handling. That is now standard in all newer linux systems as it seems.

What linux system are you using? Could it be a few years old?

• What that init script does is nothing weired. It just start the streames, whcih you can also do with

sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams

• edited December 2016
    I using Ubuntu 14.04

with "sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams"

I get "bash: sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams: No such file or directory"
  • Then you did not follow step 6 correctly I think. The zip file contains that file and it should get unpacked in in /usr/local so you get the Repetier-Setup file. Or you did it a longer time ago when the file was not part of it.

Ubuntu 14.04 uses system V4 init handling, so systemctrl is in deed not present. Will see if I can make a system V4 equivalent for this.
  • I did the Setup with copy and paste step for step.

I found the files in the right Folder.

After the third try, now I have 3 times the "Repetier-Setup.zip" and I have no permission to delete this files.

Linux is to hard for me.
  • Become root to do anything you can not do as normal user

sudo su

makes you root for all following commands until you press ctrl+D

• edited December 2016
    The webcam settings displays three USB webcams although none is connected. I have tried everything. Do now without a webcam. Still thank you for the support.