New User help required

Hi Team,
I have just installed Repetier Server on my Pi3B attached to my RP 7" Touch LCD. I am wanting to add 2 printers , one is a DUET and the other is VORON running Klipper. Can these be connected using IP? 

I have tried to connect the Duet2 Wifi using USB and I get spasmodic disconnects. No attempt to use IP over port 3344 has worked so far.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Yes, that is possible. See manual configuration chapter. At the end you see how to add klipper. Next update will make it even easier allowing to access klipper config menu from server web gui.

Regarding duet that is problem. For TCP/IP connection you need to activate the telnet port in duet config, then it would work. But I'm not a fan of that as you might loos wifi causing print interruptions. Normally usb is very stable and fast. Make sure pi has good power. See bolt icon in gui - it should show undervoltage never. With undervoltage linux can do things like disconnecting usb which is what you describe. And the more printers you connect the more current is drawn. See faq entry on homepage about undervoltage for more infos and a solution so printers do not draw current.
  • Repetier said:
    Yes, that is possible. See manual configuration chapter. At the end you see how to add klipper. Next update will make it even easier allowing to access klipper config menu from server web gui.

Thanks for your reply and support. I'm keen to find this reference material, any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

• edited May 2022
     Thank you

Duet has been connected and behaving as expected using TCP/IP over the Wi-Fi.
    TCP/IP connection to my Wi-Fi enabled VORON is my next goal

This what console is tell me in R Server

Mesg:23:27:36.592: Connection started
    Mesg:23:27:36.592: Printer reset requested false
    Recv:23:27:36.599: Response while unconnected:HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Mesg:23:27:36.610: Connection closed by os.

Regards

Ray
  • You are connecting to a http server here. Also with klipper you need to connect to server to klipper which runs on the pi. Klipper would connect to voron per wifi if that is supported by klippper.