Printer shape and coordinates

Hello. 
I am using a prusa clone (i think), called Aurora 3d z605 with Melvin v2.3 board. Im fairly new to this.
About printer shape, the homing buttons position the extruder off the bed, x 33mm y 8mm  and the bed is 215x215mm. 
So to position the nozzle above the bed I have to jog to the position x,y (33,8) 
Do I input those as positive or negative?
My fantasy is that home should be -33,-8 and if I jog to where the corner of my bed begins readout should be 0,0 and then I can jog to the X right and Y rear taking full extension of my bed which is 215x215mm.

Cant figure out how to properly configure the A, B, C, D. A=33 B=8 D=C=215 but then I home X and Y and I get 0,0 on the readout and it will only move right and rear 215 and I get 33 mm stolen.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Sure you are using  Repetier-Server? A,B,C sounds more like  Repetier-Host.
    x/y min/max really depend on what your printer says. Move to a position and send M114 and see in log what firmware says where you are after homing or in max edge. That is the coordinate system to enter since we can not change it.

Values A-D are positive values since these are distances from min or sizes.
  • Thank you. 
    I have been trying both versions while I try to make sense of the workflow and all. Very new to this but have a router with mach3.
    Thing is that I am trying to maximize the printing area for a project I have and I have found that if I setup the shape as I have measured it, the software wont move the table past a certain ditance (with usable travel available, like you have mentioned its in firmware) and will only account on the readout.
    Moving backward will decrease the readout the same amount and will start moving the table back.