Any plans for Octoprint integration and/or port sharing

I haven't tested it, but I'd imagine both Octoprint and Repetier server cannot share the same USB port. And since Octoprint won't support multiple printers, it wouldn't work with a second printer anyway without a lot of python overhead!

Seeing as how both Repetier and Octoprint can accept print jobs from external sources such as Cura or an Android app, is there any plans for simple integration such as having Repetier submit jobs to Octoprint and monitor the status of said job 'through' Octoprint?

I like some of the features in Octoprint, but also like the ease of using a single system for monitoring all of my printers at once and/or submitting jobs to different printers through a single interface. I'd probably monitor the repetier more, but occasionally like features such as the gcode viewer and some of the other plugins.

Comments

• Not really. If we would need to send commands through Octoprint the communication speed would drop considerably which can lead to critical slowdowns that reduce print quality.

The only thing we might do is add a virtual serial so other software might have direct access to serial also it would get translated by our system. But that is also not without problems as it mixes 2 communication channels and returns data of both since you never know where an answer comes from.

But you can disable a printer temporary to free the port for other software. If Octoprint then has autoconnect disabled they could live next to each other.