Setup - Raise3D E2 idex

Hi
I am very disappointed by the communications errors in my E2, it is almost impossible to print in vase mode without the infamous "pause problem"; Raise was enable to fix the problem until now and I am trying Repetier-server connected to the controller board.
I can use T0 (left one), but when I start using T1 (right one), the extruder heats up but don't move (T0 keeps moving instead of T1).
Also I am unable to home T1 in X.
Gcode is exported from ideamaker with usual settings.
Any suggestion?
Thank You

Comments

• The idex printer I know switch active head with T0 / T1 so when T1 is active homing x it would home right extruder. In our firmware always both extruders home actually, but the active extruder defines which one moves.

Which g-codes are required for Raise3D to move the other extruder?

In server there is in G-Codes a replacement tab - there you can replace
    T0 and T1 by several commands so they do what you need on that printer. All you need to do is add the commands that switch the axis.
  • Thank you for your answer.
    In my limited knowledge, I thought the g-code was simply passed from the control board to the motion board, but looks like there is a sort of translation to adapt the code to the printer. My idex printer has a Duet-like board with RepRap firmware but I have no idea where to find the g-code that switch the axis, maybe I need only to change X g-code values with U... I'm afraid of doing damage...
    GM
  • Ok, reading the Duet documentation I found the solution, I need a G28 when switch on the printer, because "The tool change macro files are not run if the printer has not been homed since power up".
    Printing great now  :)
    Thank you
    GM