One more M73

Good evening,
one more question regarding M73.
I´m using klipper on a raspberry Pi4 with repetier server pro 1.2.0. Prints perfect with my Voron and the interface (especially the Touchscreen Frontend) works like a charme! Thanks to Repetier!

In my printer display should be a progress bar to show the actual progress of the print, but it always shows 0%.
From the klipper documentation I read, that this is adjusted by the M73 which is send in the gcode stream.
----

display_status

The following information is available in the display_status object (this object is automatically available if a display config section is defined):

• progress: The progress value of the last M73 G-Code command (or virtual_sdcard.progress if no recent M73 received).
  • message: The message contained in the last M117 G-Code command.
----
The message field works perfect with RS as it is filled with the requested values (as configured in Druckereinstellungen->Verbindung->"Zeige auf Drucker LCD-Status-Zeile"). But the progress bar shows always  0%.
I examined my G-Code (build with prusaSlicer) and could not find any M73 item in it. Klipper seems to wait for that M73 <VALUE> to show the progress in display bar. If it gets no, it shows 0%.
Now my question:
Would it not be possible that RS sends this M73 command in the same manner as the status code M117?
RS knows the current progress as it shows it in the frotends.

Or do I miss something?

In Octoprint this seemed to be solved by means of a plugin, But I could not imagin that it is such a big deal. All relevant data are available in RS, so why not send them in the stream...
Regards
Stefan

Comments

• For unknown reasons the part was uncommented in klipper.cml firmware description. Have now added
    <command type="sendSimpleProgress">M73 P{i:progress}</command>
    for next release, which also includes big changes for klipper, e.g. klipper instances installable and configureable directly from gui and better error handling.

• Thanks repetier!
    Can I modify that myself? In which file/path is this to add?
    Regards
  • /usr/local/Repetier-Server/firmwares/klipper.xml is the file. Just add it in commands and restart.
  • Danke schön! Funktioniert!
    Das Verzeichnis ist (case sensitive): /usr/local/Repetier-Server/firmware/Klipper.xml.
    Ich sehe ein Füllhorn neuer Funktionen ....