Raspberry Pi 4 Repetier Server - Webcams

G'day,

Im struggling to get multiple webcams running on my Repetier Server Pro 1.0.4

It seems the max repetier will let me have is 3 webcams total.

I have 2 x Prusa MK3S MMU2 Printers both with 2 x Webcams each. All that will actually show in repetier is 3 x Webcams and it seems to alternate between the 1 webcam that isnt working, wont show and another.

Is the max webcam count only 3?

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Comments

• On software side there is no limit, also the pi has a limit. It depends on if webcam supports MJPG (only 1 without is possible and will already bind many bandwidth on usb). Also hires with high FPS can add additional problems as they need much band width especially when being viewed. But that is more an issue when you see webcams lag too much behind it is bandwidth.

Do you have 2 webcams per printer? Our gui will always only show one of these and clicking on webcam will switch between them. You will only see webcams for mjpg_streamer instances running. So if one stops due to a problem it will stop showing. If you put webcam to a different port it will probably change the port and not show up because you have configured it for a different port. Also check server bolt icon for undervoltage. With 4 cams drawing current this might also be a reason and when linux disconnects usb to reduce current you will loose the stream until reloading webpage and restart of webcam.

So please check which of this might be your problem. On ssh console you can check if 4 instances run:
    ps aux | grep jpg

you also see the ports they use in the commandline reported. If they stop running check /var/log/syslog for reasons.

• G'day, Yes 2 x webcams per printer. They are the same sets of webcams. 1 x Genius F100 and 1 x Logitech Brio 4K per printer.

As far as i know both webcams use mjpeg-streamer.

There are no undervoltage or cpu throttle warnings, they GUI indicates 'Never' for both.

I am using a powered USB hub, so all 4 cameras are powered from the Hubs power supply, not on the Pi 4.

From the below, it appears are though its not mounting the 4th webcam. I've obviously tried restarting the server etc.

pi@RepetierServer:~ $ ps aux | grep jpg
    root       842  0.8  0.5  69404 20128 ?        Sl   Apr15   6:48 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uv            c.so -d /dev/video8 --fps 30 -q 85 -r 1920x1080  -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8085 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-strea            mer/www -b
    root       875  0.4  0.4  69404 19328 ?        Sl   Apr15   4:04 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uv            c.so -d /dev/video0 --fps 10 -q 85 -r 1920x1080  -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8090 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-strea            mer/www -b
    root       919  0.4  0.4  69404 18924 ?        Sl   Apr15   3:59 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uv            c.so -d /dev/video4 --fps 10 -q 85 -r 1920x1080  -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8082 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-strea            mer/www -b
    pi       14326  0.0  0.0   7348   556 pts/0    S+   08:27   0:00 grep --color=auto jpg

• Note for future self and others. I was able to get all 4 x Webcams running by using putty and ssh'ing into the repetier serer and using 'ps aux | grep jpg' then finding the ports all 4 webcams were running on and manually specifying the 'dynamic image url' and the 'static image URL'.  The dropdown list of preconfigured webcams did NOT work for specifying 4 webcams, it seems it only allows to display 3 cameras in total.

• I wonder why one webcam is using 30fps while the other 2 have 10? 10 is better with the data load in HD. Also where is the 4th webcam?
    There is no limit on what gets reported. The reporter sends all files in /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/etc/webcam_ports except last_port. This folder also determines the port assignment an future starts. If the device name exists it is reused otherwise the next port according to last_port is assigned.

But it sounds like you managed to get all running.