Document for configuring external access to server

is there one actual document that covers configuring repetier server external access? seems like i am finding bits about the server, then some bits about the host and then the app, but i can't find one single updated document that covers windows 10, port forwarding or NAT for the router.  I have done everything i can think of and find and still can't reach my server from outside my network,  Inside everything including the camera is perfect.

Comments

• https://www.repetier-server.com/knowledgebase/access-server-from-internet/
    is our faq entry. But there so many different routers that we can not go into too much detail. But it shows at least several options depending on your connection.
  • thank you, that that is what i used and setup a duckdns account which according to AmazonAWS and IPchicken, DuckDNS is incorrect, so just basically going straight to IP for now
  • You need a app on one of your computers that send the ip for your account or duckdns will not update to correct ip.
  • do you mean the DuckDNS updater service that updates every 5 min ? i have that running and don't quite trust it.
  • Yes, that is what I meant. You can also use dyndns solution supported by your router. It does not really matter which one you use.