Jam filament Sensor

i bought this sensor ( https://www.bigtree-tech.com/products/bigtreetech-smart-filament-sensor.html )
and I would like to use it with repetier firmware.

does anyone know how to configure the parameters?
and how can I test the operation? is it possible to print in the logs how much filament is flowing?

Comments

• Looks like it registers rotation of the wheel.. That is supported in principal but I wonder why it has 4 contacts. Do you know what the functions of the contacts are? The website just says to plug in to board but nothing about how it works and from this it depends. We can monitor a on/off signal to track such failures. Actually it was the first version supported for filament jam detection.

- M602 S<1/0> P<1/0>- Debug jam control (S) Disable jam control (P). If enabled
    it will log signal changes and will not trigger jam errors!
    - M603 - Simulate a jam
    - M604 X<slowdownSteps> Y<errorSteps> Z<slowdownTo> T<extruderId> - Set jam
    detection values on a per extruder basis. If not set it uses defaults from
    Configuration.h
    - M513 - Clear all jam marker.

are relevant commands. Configure firmware for changing signals and use M602 S1 P0 to debug it (hope I got ir right). You should see steps between signals in console and from that select your 100% value and add good safety margin to jam detected. 
  • edited February 28
    Repetier said:
    Looks like it registers rotation of the wheel.. That is supported in principal but I wonder why it has 4 contacts. Do you know what the functions of the contacts are? The website just says to plug in to board but nothing about how it works and from this it depends. We can monitor a on/off signal to track such failures. Actually it was the first version supported for filament jam detection.

- M602 S<1/0> P<1/0>- Debug jam control (S) Disable jam control (P). If enabled
    it will log signal changes and will not trigger jam errors!
    - M603 - Simulate a jam
    - M604 X<slowdownSteps> Y<errorSteps> Z<slowdownTo> T<extruderId> - Set jam
    detection values on a per extruder basis. If not set it uses defaults from
    Configuration.h
    - M513 - Clear all jam marker.

are relevant commands. Configure firmware for changing signals and use M602 S1 P0 to debug it (hope I got ir right). You should see steps between signals in console and from that select your 100% value and add good safety margin to jam detected. 

Of the 4 contacts only 3 are used and they are 5V, GND and signal.
    I connected the 5V power supply and the signal on pin 58 on my RUMBA board.

Inside the sensor there is a wheel with 8 holes and the encoder generates a square wave signal from 0 to 5V with the sliding of the wire. 

from the specifications I have seen that it changes state every time 7 mm of wire runs through it.
    in my configuration the steps per mm of the extruder are 120
    what is the value that I have to insert in Regular steps for a cycle (JAM_STEPS) ?
  • Debug mode would write steps between signals. That is the regular way. From description 7 * 120 = 840 would be 100% but you might want some error margin.