Taz 5 not responding with Raspberry Pi 4

I have recently installed Repetier Server using the flash image to a microSD card. That SD card was then inserted into the Raspberry Pi 4 and the printer (a Lulzbot Taz5) was connected to the Raspberry Pi. After configuring the printer to Repetier Server, it says that the printer is connected but I am unable to get a response from the printer in any fashion. The G-code is constantly showing Communication Timeout errors. I was then sent this from the server as a suggestion "Advice: If communication does not recover try adding usb reconnect on timeout in printer settings!" I have changed the settings so that the usb reconnect is set to "Early" but this has not changed the fact that I am still getting communication timeout errors. The server shows that I am indeed connected to the printer by the green chain links in the top left corner of the screen. I have done plenty of research and am still not understanding why I cannot get my printer to respond in any fashion. Any suggestions or solutions to this issue? 

Comments

• First go to console, enable ack/commands.
    When server goes green it means it saw "start" or "ok" from printer. So hit reset button on printer and check what happens. 
    If you see some understandable output your baud rate and port is already correct. Then question is if firmware is set correct. Especially if set to repetier-firmware all is send in binary format which no other firmware understands. In that case change firmware to marlin.

If firmware is correct check if switching the dtr/rts values makes a difference. Some boards use it for flow control some only to reset the printer. So test with different values at the end and see if it starts corresponding.

For these Tests set ping pong to on. Once it works you can try the button to check different buffers and see which works best and fast. ping pong is the most conservative and should always work.