Communication Timeout

I have a Prusa MS3S wich works fine with SD card, Now I bougt Repetier server, and after installing I constantly have communication errors, I can not print.
Mesg:15:56:10.270: Warning: Communication timeout - resetting communication buffer.
Mesg:15:56:10.270: Connection status: Buffered:93, Manual Commands: 2, Job Commands: 5000
Mesg:15:56:10.270: Buffer used:93 Enforced free byte:39 lines stored:3
Mesg:15:56:15.299: Warning: Communication timeout - resetting communication buffer.
Mesg:15:56:15.299: Connection status: Buffered:102, Manual Commands: 1, Job Commands: 5000
Mesg:15:56:15.300: Buffer used:102 Enforced free byte:39 lines stored:5
Mesg:15:56:20.864: Warning: Communication timeout - resetting communication buffer.
Mesg:15:56:20.864: Connection status: Buffered:102, Manual Commands: 1, Job Commands: 5000
Mesg:15:56:20.864: Buffer used:102 Enforced free byte:39 lines stored:5
Mesg:15:56:20.864: Warning: Too many timeouts without response - disabling timeout message!
Mesg:15:56:20.864: Advice: If communication does not recover try adding usb reconnect on timeout in printer settings!
Mesg:15:56:20.864: This helps in case it is the serial driver that hangs.

I tried everything but it just won't work. There is no option in the printer FW to USB reconnect on timeout in the printer.
Is there a Prusa owner who has a solution?

regards 
Dirk

Comments

• Prusa MK3S is working fine with server. Note that usb com is powered over usb while printer is not, so if prusa is off it appears still to be running. There is a special switch in printer settings that you should enable in this case - "Port is visible even if firmware is not running". That prevents appearing of the message.

As soon as you power the printer fully so you see the lcd communication should start working of course. Make sure firmware is set to marlin, baudrate 115200 baud, input buffer 127 byte. That is how I have it working without problems.
  • Thnx for the answer, but can you give me a clue where I can find the printer settings, I realy can't find thse settings. I remember that during install I saw this, but at the moment I have vo screen on the Pi4 so I should de this in the web interface.
  • can you tell me what Prusa FW you are running and maybe a copy of yr configuration?
  • You can download my config here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfnmlwy6bmm7nya/PrusaMK3_MMU2.xml?dl=0

It is for MK3S with MMU2S so it has 5 extruders defined. You also need to delete settings in event dependent gcodes->shutdown since you won't have my webaction to disable power. And of course you might need to adjust port name.

In the printer control is a menu entry "Printer settings" where you can configure the printer. In home screen you can upload existing configurations. But make sure only one using the printer is active.
  • Thankyou very much, gonna trie it asap, hopefully I can solve my problem

Dirk
  • Helas, yesterday I even chaged the MoBo of my Prusa, I thougt maybe there was a hardware problem, But with the new board the problem still exists. I think about to reclaim my money and then Repetier can dissable my serial. I tried everything but the software simply doen not work. I hope that somebody could help me out with this problem, but for now I am desperatly.

Dirk
  • Today I tried moor things, other cable, other compiter, other settings, the only thing I can not test is another printer, And even without any printer connected I still got "under voltage in past" and cpu throttled in the past" errors. They now come after 1 minute. I quit for today, I hope I can have a reaction from somebody who can help me out, Maybe an engineer from the development team.

Dirk
  • edited December 2020
     "under voltage in past" and cpu throttled in the past" errors.

shows that power supply of the raspberry seems not to be stable.
    What´s your power supply for the raspberry?

• the original 5 amp power suply, treid the suply of a friend, and it does not meke any differens. No cam used, so that is not the problem. I think its the Orusa hardware or the repetier software.
    Tpmorrow gonna look farther, Repetier looks nice, but til now not working.