Push notifications no longer working after changing hardware

Hi all;

I was running Repetier Server successfully on a Raspberry Pi with push notifications via Repetier Informer. The Pi has now been used elsewhere and I purchased a Mac Mini with which to run Repetier Server on. Unable to install Debian on a new Mac Mini (long story), I am now running Repetier Server 0.94.3 on MacOS which is working fine... except for push notifications. They are not being sent and I am getting no useful error message  beyond "Failed to send push message" and I cannot find any log files with more of an explanation as to why the push message failed.

Help please? It's rather less efficient having to manually check for print completion when you're running many printers...

Comments

• You have a typo in your group id. When you get that message the group was not found I think. Normally 0 or O is wrong or 1 and I.
  • edited December 2020
    I have confirmed that the group ID string is the same in both the iOS app and on the server instance - there are no 0 or Is, which makes things easier. What else could it be?
  • Response is stored in server.log. When I run a test it gets send and I see:

17:43:11.618: Repetier-Informer API response: {"error":0,"data":{"receivers":1}}

in the log. So checking what you see there would help. It could be that the group does not exist any more. It gets deleted automatically when the last device removes it. So you could try adding a new group and use that id instead.
  • I found the log file, thanks.

Whenever I try to send a test message I get:

2020-12-20 10:53:11: Sending push message failed: Exception: informer.repetier-apps.com

• Oh, it may not be relevant but the log fills up with this:

2020-12-20 10:49:03: error in postRequest:Host not found: licence.internetloesungen.com

2020-12-20 10:50:43: error in postRequest:Host not found: licence.internetloesungen.com

2020-12-20 10:52:23: error in postRequest:Host not found: licence.internetloesungen.com

Under the Register pane it says my license is activated.

• You are failing to reach the destination. 
    error in postRequest:Host not found: licence.internetloesungen.com
    also shows that internet is not reachable from pi and without internet access you can not send push messages. So that is the main reason as it seems.

I guess you are still able to reach printer in your intranet, so it is either that the set host name resolver is not working or the gateway is not set/wrong. Both are normally retrieved from the dhcp server except if you have defined it set them manually.

Login via ssh and run

route -n

to see which routes/gateways are used.

cat /etc/resolv.conf

will show the used nameserver.

Run a simple

ping informer.repetier-apps.com

to see if linux can reach our server.

If settings are correct it might be a firewall blocking the outgoing traffic as well.

• Thankyou! The problem was a network misconfiguration. Push notifications are working as expected now.