Marlin custom fw and in built filament sensor.

Hi. I'm trying to figure out a way to customize an event in Repetier Server, in order to make the filament Change procedure when the sensor triggers.
I Own a DeltaWASP with custom Marlin firmware and build in filament sensor.

This is the message i got in the console when filament is not present.
Recv: 8:53:52.577: EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!ok

The print actually halts when this happens but the problem is that the hot end remains hot and the nozzle is on the print.

Any tips on how to relate this message in order to make a custom event and manage to put the printer in filament change mode?

Thanx everyone in advance.

Comments

• First the string is quite unusual as it seems to be just written to serial without newlines. Newline comes from the "ok" at end which will not get detected since line should start with it. So my guess is that some check routine is just blindly writing the message to serial. Or is something lost in copy/paste to forum?

In general you can add in Configuration->G-Codes->Advanced a rule to catch the message. The regular expression could be
    EXT_FILAMENT Triggered

and as gcode you put
    @pause Filament needs change

to pause the print. But the question is if we have any control or if the firmware starts blocking communication until you fix it using the printer lcd. In latter case it is not possible to do anything except maybe sending a message on that event
    @message Filament needs change
    or as push message
    @pushmessage Filament needs change

That solely depends on how this is solved on firmware side. So as a test when it happens send something that returns a value like
    M114
    and you should see position in answer. If it comes you can communicate and do the pause.
  • Hi.
    Thanx for the resposne.
    I tested your tip but it seems that the printer is freezed when i get the message: EXT_FILAMENT Triggered!
    when i pause the print though it does execute the gcode assigned on the pause event.
    Can I call a @remove filament event instead of @pause? just to make some tests cause of course when i pause the print, it executes the gcode assigned.

I contacted the producer also, and hopefully I will find a way out.
  • @pause it the only pause command in server. There are some firmware responses that can make it pause and go to filament change function in server, but that is not present in your case as it seems.

When pause works in that it executes the commands it should accept all commands so wondering why it stops printing except that the messages make the "ok" unreadable which I expect to cause many timeouts.  So maybe firmware does nothing and you are only having timeouts which look much like paused?