XYZ Control Speed and WEBCAM

edited September 22 in Questions & Answers
Hi, 

a couple of questions.

1/ i find the XYZ control speed really slow on my Prusa MK3s, is there a way to speed up?

2/ can I alter focus and exposure setting manually instead of using AF and Auto Exposure ? 

3/ can I alter preview thumbnail size ? 

4/ the home button does a bed calibration, is it possible to redefine so the extruder just moves to the HOME position without calibration? 

Cheers 


Comments

  • 1) It is defined in printer settings->General->Manual Control. Enter the speed you like there.
    2) You can use the mjpg_streamer url manually. It has a web interface allowing to change some values. You can also add the settings in some script so they get set on startup. Just don't know exactly the commands. v4l.... 
    3) No.
  • Repetier said:
    1) It is defined in printer settings->General->Manual Control. Enter the speed you like there.
    2) You can use the mjpg_streamer url manually. It has a web interface allowing to change some values. You can also add the settings in some script so they get set on startup. Just don't know exactly the commands. v4l.... 
    3) No.
    1/ 
    2/ what url would that be ? Ok I’ll look back on my OctoPrint notes for the script to edit. 
  • Normally that is http://ip:8080 or what ever port it was assigned. So just the beginning of the url you entered as webcam url with your ip instead of localhost.
  • Repetier said:
    Normally that is http://ip:8080 or what ever port it was assigned. So just the beginning of the url you entered as webcam url with your ip instead of localhost.
    I did try that yesterday but didn't work but does now thanks. 

    Can you tell me what config file I need to edit in my Rasberry Pi ? I checked the OctoPrint stuff for setting webcam parameters like manual exposure, focus etc which is specific to OctoPrint. This should be pretty basic stuff for you, for me it will take me hours of research. Thanks

    T
  • Have a look at this website it explains how to do it. Different webcams have different possible parameter.
    https://www.kurokesu.com/main/2016/01/16/manual-usb-camera-settings-in-linux/

    Once you have the command to change them add them all into /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams
    at the end and they will always be active after reboot.
  • Repetier said:
    Have a look at this website it explains how to do it. Different webcams have different possible parameter.
    https://www.kurokesu.com/main/2016/01/16/manual-usb-camera-settings-in-linux/

    Once you have the command to change them add them all into /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams
    at the end and they will always be active after reboot.
    Thanks, just what I was after. Worked a treat  <span>:smile:</span>
Sign In or Register to comment.