Booting from SSD/USB dont work

Hello,
does someone's Repetier-Server image run from an SSD (Pi4 firmware 16 July)? - blinking cursor on boot. However, a PiOS works without problems from SSD.
What I noticed, / boot has 96MB in this image, PiOS has 256MB. But that shouldn't be the problem.

Can someone help me please?
Many thanks

Comments

• It is the updated version of raspbian where it never worked so far i know. But if someone has a solution i add it to default image.
  • Repetier said:
    It is the updated version of raspbian where it never worked so far i know. But if someone has a solution i add it to default image.

I hope I can help with this so that the repeater image can be adjusted.
    Steps I've tested so far:

#update System
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt full-upgrade

# update firmware pi4 ver. 16. Jul
    # show current and latest version of bootloader : in my case (critical) current and latest 000137ad from 16 Apr 2020
    sudo rpi-eeprom-update

# change FIRMWARE_RELEASE_STATUS chanel
    sudo nano /etc/default/rpi-eeprom-update # set "critical" to "stable"

# shows current and latest version of bootloader : in my case (stable) current and latest 000138a1 from 16 Jul 2020
    sudo rpi-eeprom-update

# rpi-update needs to change /boot partition from 96 to 256 MB
    # gparted change size /boot from 96 to 256 MB
    # i use a Debian GUI and install gparted decrease /rootfs partition and increase /boot partition

#update firmware and kernel - reboot system
    sudo rpi-update
    sudo reboot

#install the new bootloader - reboot system
    sudo rpi-eeprom-update -d -a
    sudo reboot

#check firmware
    vcgencmd bootloader_version
    #or
    sudo rpi-eeprom-update

At this point I tried to boot with the SD card via USB. Unfortunately, this does not work.
    The same procedure with PIOS from 2020-05-27 works without problems.

Copy all the *.dat and *.elf files from the /boot (piOS) to /boot (repetier-server sd-card) -
    unfortunately, it doesn't work either.

• Will try that. Seems to be working only for a short time when i read this and that it requires recent versions.