Latest version 0.94 keeps loosing wired connection

I was using version 0.93 without problems but with 0.94 I keep loosing my wired ethernet connection. What should I do?

Comments

• I have tried to upgrade to the 0.94.1 version but the download just gives me the 0.94 version - can not get the updated version!
  • Haven't updated the image yet. Comes next.

I'm always using wired connection via dhcp (easiest solution) and no problems. If you don't use dhcp you need to set all parameter including netmask in ip and gateway/nameserver.
  • Repetier said:
    Haven't updated the image yet. Comes next.

I'm always using wired connection via dhcp (easiest solution) and no problems. If you don't use dhcp you need to set all parameter including netmask in ip and gateway/nameserver.
    Yes, I agree. I always use DHCP. There is always a connection but it does not last very long. Even when Repetier does not appear to be connected, I can still ping and get a response.
  • Please login over ssh and see if you stay logged in.
    Then check with
    ps aux | grep tier
    if server is running and when it was started. What you say sounds like the computer running server is reachable but server it self stops receiving communication. One reason would be if it crashes. You should also install 0.94.1 - if you are on latest image all you need to do when logged in over ssh is run
    installLatestServer

or use the autoupdater if it already sees the update.
  • the auto-updater worked!
    thanks
  • edited June 2020
    Repetier said:
    Please login over ssh and see if you stay logged in.
    Then check with
    ps aux | grep tier
    if server is running and when it was started. What you say sounds like the computer running server is reachable but server it self stops receiving communication. One reason would be if it crashes. You should also install 0.94.1 - if you are on latest image all you need to do when logged in over ssh is run
    installLatestServer

or use the autoupdater if it already sees the update.
    Autoupdate does not work here. The UI springs dirctly to the Login Screen of the WebUI and the Version stays at 94.0.

Update from 0.x.0 to 0.94.0 works perfect.

Update: after Reboot it works.
  • I have upgraded and running 0.94.1
    everything seems fine and I printed an object that took about 1 hour without a problem.
    About 1 hour after the print, I lost the connection with the server. The server still seems to be running and I can ping and get a reply. When I run ssh is asking 'login as'  -  I do not know how to answer so I just put in my name 'Jim' - it then wants the 'password'   - which I do not know.

I never had this problem with version 0.93. I have 2 Prusa printers (MK3 and MK2.5) they are both use a Pi 3b server and have identical problems.

What should I do?
  • First easy part - login is "pi" and password is "raspberry" if you talk about ssh login.

First question is of course is server still running:
    ps aux | grep tier
    should show if it runs and since when. If it runs, does it show up under
    http://ip:3344
    If you open chrome tools first (right click inspect element) you see in network tab files loaded. If it loads parts but no connection or freeze of ui please follow

https://www.repetier-server.com/knowledgebase/debugging-crashes-hangs-on-linux/ 

and send me a full backlog. Then I can analyse why it starts hanging. If this is the problem it is random so not predictable if it happens at all or when, that is why I'm glad for anyone sending me a backlog in case it happens.

Might also be something else, but first I need more data about this to be sure.
  • OK, so logged in - I should have known this
    the server is running
    when I do 192.168.1.66:3344   I get 'Requestedfile not found'
    I am sending some files to show it is running at this time
    Now the other 'stuff' - I am not a computer expert and I know almost nothing about Linux - so I am lost
    I know you need the information to help you solve the problem
  • I wanted to send an attachment of the files I copied but I do not see an attachment buttom
  • "Requestedfile not found" means exactly that. The file is not on the disk. This can happen if sd card resp. the file system is damaged. Then files can vanish. If you start getting this kind of error it would be best to reinstall an image.

You should always shutdown your pi before unpowering. It is a known fact that not doing so has a chance to cause sd corruption.
  • Thanks for the advice. I have always just turned off the power at the end of the day. I will change my habits!

this may solve my problem.
  • edited June 2020
    Just upgraded to 0.94.1. Dark mode looks awesome BTW.
    Similar issue, wireless connection.  Sometimes I get 502 Bad Gateway error, but can connect via SSH and when I do a sudo reboot, sometimes I can then get in through browser or Repetier-Host, but then connection keeps dropping and reconnecting every couple seconds.
    pi@Repetier-Server:~ $ ps aux | grep tier
    avahi 356 0.2 0.2 6396 2836 ? Ss 02:13 0:00 avahi-daemon: running [Repetier-Server.local] repetie+ 2014 18.3 1.2 38720 12104 ? S<sl 02:15 0:00 /usr/local/Rep etier-Server/bin/RepetierServer -c /usr/local/Repetier-Server/etc/RepetierServe r.xml --daemon root 2025 1.0 0.3 5580 2912 ? S 02:15 0:00 /usr/bin/sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/manageWifiAccess scan root 2040 1.0 0.2 3008 2348 ? S 02:15 0:00 /bin/bash /usr /local/Repetier-Setup/bin/manageWifiAccess scan

• Was the ssh connection via ethernet or wlan?
    What does
    iwconfig
    return.

Also last question when you repeat
    ps aux | grep tier
    between connection lost does the pid change (first number in result). That would mean that the server is crashing for some reason and it is no wlan problem.
    Just trying to figure out what exactly is the problem. net disconnection and restart of server can cause this pattern.
  • SSH was over wlan as well. 
    After an update and a couple more reboots, it seems to have resolved. I believe the PID was changing, but it's no longer having the problem, so can't confirm. This is an older RPi / R-S build I've been using successfully for at least a couple years, and this was the first update I've done, so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that raspbian also needed to be brought up to date.
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo reboot
    Now I'm just trying to get new Prusa set up on R-S without changing stock firmware. Is it possible?

• We don't change firmware on our own anyway. For some boards we can update if you explicitly upload a new firmware, but adding a new printer configuration does not change it.