Can I make changes to axis steps with Repetier host eeprom

edited May 2015 in Repetier-Host

Hello Im new to 3d printing.  I have an Aworldnet A600 reprap prusa I3  I have the latest version of Repetier Host 1.06  I don't have any other software.  NO arduino or Marlin or anything like that.   During my calibration test my printer is 1.5 mm off spec. Example a 20x20mm test cube ends up being 21x21.  Can I go into  the Repetier Host eeprom and change the stock 40 steps per mm for x,y axis in order to calibrate it to get the correct travel?  Again my printer doesn't run off of arduino or Marlin.  Oh yeah my board is a http://www.banggood.com/Melzi-2_0-Control-Board-1284P-Prusa-I3-Controller-Board-For-3D-Printer-p-934985.html   If the answer is yes, than is this equation correct:  travel desired (20mm)x steps (40) =800/ by actual travel (21mm) = 38.09 steps.  So that means I should change the steps to 38.09 right?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• If your board is running Repetier-Firmware this works and formula is correct. For all other firmwares you need to reburn firmware. Melzi boards are Arduino compatible and run one of the typical firmwares.