3D printer firmware worked in Repetier Host cannot work in Repetier Server

Hello all! I am using a M3D printer with a 3rd party firmware named iME v00.00.01.25 (https://github.com/donovan6000/iMe). This firmware works totally fine in Repetier Host with the firmware type being set to Sprinter. However, I don't want to always connect my computer to the 3D printer. Therefore, I made use of an embedded development board (Xilinx PYNQ-Z1) and installed Ubuntu 18 system. (You can imagine it as a Raspberry Pi board, but it's different)

I installed the Repetier Server on it and connected the M3D printer to it. Repetier Server can also connect to the 3D printer. During setting up the printer, I notice there isn't "Sprinter" option in the firmware type setting. Then I randomly chose other firmware type. But no matter which firmware type, they all can't communicate to my 3D printer and yields "Unknown G-Code" error. I am curious, would it be possible for Sprinter firmware to be updated in the future version of Repetier Server? Or is there any method I can continue using this printer with my embedded board?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• You should use Marlin instead. As a sprinter follow up it is compatible with the protocol. You can ignore some unknown G-Code messages. We use some g-codes and some of them are only supported by newer firmware versions. E.g. we send M220 S0 and old firmwares did not support that so would cause an unknown message. But nevertheless the remaining gcodes will work. That is just a note from firmware that one command was unknown.
  • Repetier said:
    You should use Marlin instead. As a sprinter follow up it is compatible with the protocol. You can ignore some unknown G-Code messages. We use some g-codes and some of them are only supported by newer firmware versions. E.g. we send M220 S0 and old firmwares did not support that so would cause an unknown message. But nevertheless the remaining gcodes will work. That is just a note from firmware that one command was unknown.
    Thanks for the reply! However, my 3D printer doesn't support the firmware type Marlin even in Repetier Host. I am still figuring out which step causes the 3D printer to stop working. But interestingly, if I directly input the command in the Repetier Server console with something like "#G1 X50.0", the 3D printer would work. The # character means to directly send the command I input to the 3D printer. But if I input "G1 X50.0", the 3D printer remains no response.
  • G1 is supported by all firmwares. Only thing is if you have set Repetier-Firmware it will use binary protocol for communication which only is supported by our firmware. That is why I said to select Marlin firmware instead where this gets send as ascii just with line number and checksum.
     If Marlin is already selected, please show a log where you connect and send some commands. Either get it from console where all filters are off of create a connected.log by enabling it in logs submenu of printer.