PRUSA PAUSE PRINT

I would like to pause a print to clean the hot end, then return to printing where it left off. I understand this needs so G code but I do not know what to write. I also understand that I should put this in the 'Pause' section for G code actions

Hopefully, during the pause, the extruder would be at least 30mm above the bed.

Comments

• A simple move is enough:
    G1 X0 Y180 F12000

30mm above bed is bit of a problem. You need to go up - down is dangerous of course. So you can switch to relative positions and move 30mm up
    G91
    G1 Z30 F240
    G90

but then you need to be sure to be not too high, also I guess firmware might prevent this when it sees going above z max value.

Server will remember start position and go back to it on continue.
  • thanks for the reply. This looks exactly like what I need. But I know very little G code.
    I almost always need this early in the print.
    So I would add this to the 'Pause'

G1 XO Y180 F1200
    G91
    G1 Z30 F240
    G90

do I have this written correctly?
  • It should be
    G1 X0 Y180 F1200
    not
    G1 XO Y180 F1200

but apart of the type if O instead of 0 it is correct.
  • THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

could not have done it without you!
  • I tried your G code yesterday, the printer did pause in place but it did not move to the right front corner. On 'continue' the print resumed as expected. 
    Can you still help?
  • The example was for left back corner of a Prusa Mini. Also F1200 is slow, I wanted to say F12000. Change coordinates to match wanted corner. Did you put it in "Event Dependent"->"Run on pause" - only that code is run when you press pause.
  • thanks for the reply

yes I did put it in the "event dependent" > 'run on pause"
    I have changed x=250 y=0  - I think this is my right front corner on my MK3S

I changed the F  to 12000
  • now it is working great!