z axis problem

Hi! I Printed first test object. Z-axis started to get stuck. When I removed z steppers from the printer, it strangely moving. It rotated to one direction then jump to the other rotate direction. or not moving simple make noise. What could happen. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Only 1 of the 2 stepper coils get current. Check if all cables have good contact.
  • All wires have good contact. When I the same motors connect to x or y axes, they work well.
  • Could also be on the board. As a counter test assign z the y driver and y the z driver. If the problem is now with the y axis it is on the board (either board or stepper driver).
  • I change z driver with y driver and problem is same with y axis. I change driver. Now when connect only 1 stepper to z axis it rotate good, but when I connect 2 steppers it rotates bad. With 1 stepper I can add big force but it rotate good. With 2 steppers I add small force and it stuck.
  • I guess you are talking about z axis with 2 motors sharing that axis. Well since 2 motors share same current both get less force. You can increase current to give them more current or give each motor a separate driver and enable z axis mirroring.
  • How do I add a z-axis motors to a separate driers. I use ramps 1.4
  • Connect second motor to E1 motor driver (hope you have only one extruder). In config tool select mirror z axis and select E1 motor as mirrored driver. Then both drivers get the same signals doubling your strength.