Pi4 model B not working with image V19

My old Pi3b+ got fried while working on a project that is not repetier related, and got myself a new Pi4B. used BalenaEtcher like normal, but it would not boot up with that image.
I have tried Raspbian and that work, so I know the Pi is good. Anyone else tried this and got it working?

Comments

• I have it running on pi 4. I think since image 17 we support pi 4, which is the main reason we switched to the new buster raspbian.

How far does it come when booting? Any special hardware (display) connected?
  • Ok checked how it should work. we have a service in /lib/systemd/system with name repetier_boot.service that runs at bootup:

/usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/runAtBoot

which would start the xserver with chrome etc, meaning the part you are missing. Please run that manually after logging in and see if anything happens or if you get an error message.

In file /boot/repetier-image-setup.txt you can disable starting chrome by setting RUN_CHROME to anything different then 1. But as it runs on first run a assume it did not change on it's own.
  • edited November 2019
    Repetier said:
    I have it running on pi 4. I think since image 17 we support pi 4, which is the main reason we switched to the new buster raspbian.

How far does it come when booting? Any special hardware (display) connected?
    It just light red and not red and green. So perhaps something I need to edit in the sdcard? Txt file?  I have tried with hdmi connected to a normal monitor and also nothing connected other then power. (Monitor work when using raspbian). LAN connected to dhcp network
  • Does not sound like it starts booting at all. When you insert sd card to a pc can you read
     the boot partition? It should have fat format and readable. If not the iso file might not been unzipped when storing it.

Also check sha1 checksum to be correct:

sha1sum Repetier-Server-Image_0_93_0_v19.zip 

de910ac14edf8be702419139487f7ecb23475f1b  Repetier-Server-Image_0_93_0_v19.zip

• edited November 2019
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sr1ldzuf9hp10ex/Repetier_pi4.png?dl=0

I added printscreen. It is fat32 and I could read it normal. I unzipped it and used BalenaEtcher to make the iso image just like I do when making the raspbian sd. 

checksum is de910ac14edf8be702419139487f7ecb23475f1b
  • Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Noobs and Octo works great with image over BelenaEtcher and the RS Image V19 not. I have the Raspberry Pi 4B too. On start the green LED on Raspberry start blinking, after that nothing. I made a video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvlne0yiq2bsa3f/rasp - 1.mov?dl=0
  • Are the old image files still available for V18 or V17?
  • Ok, seems in deed something gone wrong. Need to test further. Until then I have added the V18 image back. Use that and use autoupdater to get 0.93.0.
  • Strange case. Putting the sd card into a pi 3 it works perfectly. Only thing I did was updating os to latest packages. Hope to find what breaks booting on pi 4 here.
  • Hi, I have exactly the same problem.
  • Working already on V20. Already found the reason. boot partition is 40Mb big a sit used to be in the past. Recent kernel package does not fit on that size so updater skipped installing the pi 4 kernel to still fit. So in V20 boot will be 93mb big so we have no problems with updating any more. Updating any older buster image should result in the same error.
  • Repetier said:
    Working already on V20. Already found the reason. boot partition is 40Mb big a sit used to be in the past. Recent kernel package does not fit on that size so updater skipped installing the pi 4 kernel to still fit. So in V20 boot will be 93mb big so we have no problems with updating any more. Updating any older buster image should result in the same error.
    Great  :)  Would love to use Repetier again, so this is good news that you figured it out.
  • For all listening, V20 is out and should work again and also be safe to use linux update of packages.
  • edited November 2019
    Great! :)
  • Tested.. Work great :-)