Customization: Touch Gui on RPi 7"

So I am ready to try to whack out all the printing functions in my touch GUI as I use this for the MPCNC.

I am following the https://www.repetier-server.com/printer-touchscreen-customization/ tutorial, and made a MPCNC folder along side the front/front2 folders that were there. Copied the "lua" and "www" folders from "front" and then modified the 

/home/pi/.config/openbox/autostart

to aim chromium at the new directory. But now my touch screen boots into text login mode, rather than auto logging in to my touch gui?

I changed it back to front and no avail, still stops at the login screen.

I am about to go through the tutorial for auto login to see if I can find what else may have broken.. Any thoughts?

Nick

Comments

• OK, so I think I fixed it properly... I had thought I needed to use the lightdm and use B4 autologin to desktop, but while that worked it left the xinit cursur on, and i had to load lightdm which I had never used.. so I thought maybe since it works in I manually log into the CLI, I would use raspi-config to turn that on. B2 CLI Auto-login.

Now I can rip out lightdm and it still works.. so I just broke the auto-login for CLI somehow.

Only when I try to reference my MPCNC folder created by that tutorial, it says my app.html can't be displayed. :-(

Are those direction up to date with the latest Repetier Image? 

Nick

• Updating linux often breaks boot options. You need in raspi-config command line with autologin. At the end of bash login script we start x server.

The instructions you reference are for the outdated touch gui. Current version is here:
    https://www.repetier-server.com/customizing-printer-frontend/
    is for the current gui.

And do not forget to tell server where your shadow folder is positioned, so it uses your files.
  • I have the same problem. I cant get it working back again.at present i am getting some x server error unable to open virtual console(prrmission denied) 
  • That does not say me anything. Never seen that error or don't remember. What did you do to break the x server? Often that contains a step breaking something you configured before.