High memory usage at seemingly random?

Hi All,

Having an odd issue wih my raspberry pi 3 based reptier host server. It seems to max the pis hardware out at random, I say at random because it will finish complex prints then seemingly fail on small ones. I am running a dual printer setup on it with an anet a8, and a cr 10. 

any advice?
https://prnt.sc/j7j6xs

Comments

• How stable is the network connection of the pi? For each connection it buffers events to send amd if receiver gets unreachable that might sum up. Also it normally detects lost connections and closes them. Will do some checks if that can be a problem. On bad connections you should see "Trying to reconnect ..." from time to time.

Another thing can be webcams. If bandwidth is too low the data to send gets buffered also in 0.86.2 this was rewritten to drop frames if speed is too high. But high resolution webcams can still be a problem as a pi has not much bandwidth.
  • The network connection is fairly stable, it's ran on a 2.4ghz wireless network in very close proximity to the pi, I'll swap an Ethernet cord in place and post my results. 

There is no webcam in use, I have not had any reconnection prompts or any indications of a dropping connection (I also have uptime monitoring tools in place)

Is there any other additional information that I can provide that might help us in diagnosing?

• Ethernet will be a good test as it is definitely stable.

Since we do not know the reason we are currently searching what triggers the problem. So if this happens only while viewing a special info screen or anything else unusual that you do might enlight us. It may be function with memory leak that normally does not get used much but when used frequently causes memory usage to increase. Looking in my pi I currently see

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                                                                                                     

22114 root      20   0   44560   5080   4176 S  46.1  0.5 875:00.96 mjpg_streamer                                                                                                                                               

1248 pi        20   0  389340 107412  57032 S   3.0 11.2   1140:16 chromium-browse                                                                                                                                             

22361 pi        20   0   52320   3952   3532 S   2.0  0.4  10:08.72 mjpg_streamer                                                                                                                                               

23130 repetie+   0 -20  209320  20064  12248 S   1.0  2.1  43:43.49 RepetierServer

So running 43 hours and still only using 20MB Resources.

So at first I think it would help have a look at memory usage while you do things and see when it starts to increase and then think back on what you did and maybe test if one of these operations does increase usage.