Best way to handle multiple inks ?

Hi

I currently have the following configuration: Prusa i3 Printer with Repetier-server running on Raspberry for it. I use Repetier-Host on my computer to open/edit/upload STL files to the printer spooler and I use web interface of Repetier-Server for control of printer.
Till now I have only used one type of ink. As I have bought multiple spools of different inks, I'd like to be able to switch from one to another easily and so it means I should setup some profiles in Repetier to be able to switch easily. I'm just very confused where is the best way to do that ? Is it all in the slicer settings I should do that ? and save each one as a different profile ?

For example the Formfutura ink you get all these parameters:
Nozzle size (which is not a setting if I understand well !).
Print temperature
Heat Bed
Layer height
Print Speed
Flow Rate
Retraction

Thanks for advices,

Vincèn

Comments

• In slicer you define filaments. Set the temperatures etc. accordingly and just select the right filament type before slicing and slicer will use these temperatures and flow multiplyer.

In some cases where speeds differ very much you might need to change also print setting and safe them with other name.
  • Repetier said:
    In slicer you define filaments. Set the temperatures etc. accordingly and just select the right filament type before slicing and slicer will use these temperatures and flow multiplyer.

In some cases where speeds differ very much you might need to change also print setting and safe them with other name.
    oki thanks for explanation so may you please confirm these settings are fine ?

First: settings given by ink manufacturer / Second: setting corresponding in slicer:
    Nozzle size / has to correspond with physical nozzle on printer !
    Print temp / Filament settings -> Filament -> Extruder temperature
    Heat bed / Filament settings -> Filament -> Bed
    Layer height / no idea where to apply that parameter !
    Print speed / no idea too if it's useful somewhere
    Fan speed / useless I guess on my Prusa i3 where nozzle fan is full speed all the time
    Flow rate / Filament settings -> Filament -> Extrusion multiplier so for 104% given by ink manufacturer I indicated 1.04 in slicer
    Retraction / no idea too where to put that parameter !

Thanks for help,

Vincèn
  • Yes that is correct.
    layer height is a print parameter, but independent from filament type. It is more a quality thing. Lower layer height increase print time but give nicer sided.
    Print speed is also a print setting. Print visible parts like perimeter/top/bottom layer slow and inside can be faster. Filament vendors value is useless. The speed mostly depends on your printer and quality wishes, not the maximum the filament can do.
    Fan speed should be adjustable with M106 /fan slider. Especially on first layer you do not want the fan, but normally all on works as well. 
    Reatraction is set in slic3r Printer settings for extruder. This also depends on printer not filament.
    Flow rate ok, but also depends on your extruder being calibrated correctly. So if it overextruders reduce flow rate.