Booting Repetier Server from USB Media

Hello,

I was just looking to find something about booting Repetier-Server from USB but didn't find anything when searching.
After having trouble with SD-cards I want to use an SSD or an USB-stick to put the image on. I want to know if it's possible to do that with Repetier-Server and if not when it is planned to support it. I tried to flash several sticks as well as SATA device but no succesess. Boot flag on Pi is set.https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md was used to prepare the Pi. Booting a newer version of Raspbian from usb stick works fine.

Thank you

Klaus

Comments

• Server under linux gets installed in /usr/local/Repetier-Server/. Easiest solution is to make it a link to your usb directory.
    All data entries are store under /var/lib/Repetier-Server/
    whcih you can also make a link to your usb drive. Then you could just install it as normal and it would run from usb. Or you copy it somewhere else and adjust the config files telling server where the new directory is, but that might interfere with updates, so just using a link to usb and install is in any case easier.
  • okay, thank you. Also a good idea and I give it a try.