v. 1.1.0 Update Error

When I try to update Repetier-Host to version 1.1.0, it will download the update, but when I click "install and relaunch" it comes up with the error "Failed to change owner & group for wx-config with owner ID 501 and group ID 80". Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Not sure why some get that error. I never got it.
    Solution should be to download manually and just drag the app into program folder.
  • I had the same issue on two different MBPro's. I ended up just downloading the program as a new install.

• Since it doe snot happen for me, can you tell what Mac OS version you use and if the user updating had admin privilieges (also I never got the popup to get admin rights). Apperently the updater tries to change some permissions on wx-config and has no permission to do so. But I also do not understand why sparkle wants to do that as it is no file of host. On my os it still has user/group 0 so no change tried.
  • Repetier said:
    Since it doe snot happen for me, can you tell what Mac OS version you use and if the user updating had admin privilieges (also I never got the popup to get admin rights). Apperently the updater tries to change some permissions on wx-config and has no permission to do so. But I also do not understand why sparkle wants to do that as it is no file of host. On my os it still has user/group 0 so no change tried.
    I'm running High Sierra v.10.13.2. Yes, the user I tried to update on has admin privileges. I might try your suggestion and just download the program again manually.