Preview does not show the object to the top

Hi,

I am having an issue with Repetier Host V2.0.5.

I am not sure if it is just configuration or a bug!

The fact is:

After slicing the object (tried with slic3r and with cura) the preview pane does not show the object to the top.
If I start from layer 0 it show  just till a certain layer.
If I go with both cursors to the top layer and start lowering the start layer it show the top of the object till a certain layer but then the top disappears.
If I select just one layer it shows everything.

One of the example is the file "aa_round_4up_box.stl" from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1376734

Any help is appreciated.

J.A.R.Militão

Comments

• Does it show everything if you do not select a range but the complete object?

If it is a big object it might run out of video memory?? Would a smaller object show everything.

If you still think it is a bug, push the gcode with the problem somewhere so se can download it. Normally we see everything, so it is either a memory problem or a bug and then it depends on the gcode whcih we need to analyse.
  • Does it show everything if you do not select a range but the complete object?
    Ans.: No just the bottom of the object

Would a smaller object show everything.
    Ans.: yes a smaller object shows it all.

I will try in a newer computer (hopefully with more memory) to see if the symptoms are the same.

• It seems  it is not a bug!

This only happens when running on a VMWare player. Maybe some video limitation.

Thanks anyway.