Windows 10 Crash on program startup

Hi, I just encountered this issue with repetier host on windows 10. It crashes whenever the program starts. This is the output in event viewer.

Application: RepetierHost.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Wgl+Arb.ChoosePixelFormat(IntPtr, Int32[], Single[], Int32, Int32[], Int32 ByRef)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode.ChoosePixelFormatARB(IntPtr, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(OpenTK.Graphics.ColorFormat, Int32, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ColorFormat, Int32, Boolean)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SetGraphicsModePFD(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGraphicsMode, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinFactory.CreateGLContext(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, OpenTK.Graphics.IGraphicsContext, Boolean, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
   at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode, OpenTK.Platform.IWindowInfo, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
   at OpenTK.WinGLControl.CreateContext(Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextFlags)
   at OpenTK.GLControl.OnHandleCreated(System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

I've tried to repair NET installation.  It seems to have had no effect.

If anyone can offer me some help I would appreciate it.

Comments

• I can post other data if needed
  • From the log I see that it crashes inside OpenTK library when it tries to create the OpenGL window or at least tests the available combinations. That is a bit outside our own code. Do you have OpenGL installed on your windows machine?

When you install the host there is also the option to select a legacy OpenTK library. It is older and behaves sometimes a bit different so if you have OpenGL 1.5 or higher installed it might solve the problem. The only issues I know is with dual graphic drivers and old Intel graphic cards not working. Both seem to fool the detection process so it does not select a valid combination. Any other true color display should work without problems.
  • Thank you. The issue was caused by the dual graphics drivers that im running. THanks a bunch
  • Since I do not have a computer with dual graphics, how did you solve it?
  • hi many thanks for all these informations.
    I have repetier host  that is crashing also when starting with w10.
    I tried to reinstall it many time some time it works then stops on the next start,  quite surprising!

• I forgot to mention, I run three displays:  two on my graphic board and the third on my mother board.
  • I guess in log you then see it select microsoft generic GDI 1.1?

Hopefully I have a solution for that in next release. Seems like a newer OpenTK version can solve this case.