0.80.1 - Cam resolution?

edited November 2016 in Repetier-Server
I expected that in this version there was the possibility to set the cam resolution without edit file in the file system.
Roland, it had been said or am I wrong?

Comments

  • I was thinking about it. But having had problems with bigger resolutions I voted for a healthful compromise as default and making it at least easy to change.
  • Repetier said:
    I was thinking about it. But having had problems with bigger resolutions I voted for a healthful compromise as default and making it at least easy to change.
    If it's a not complicated thing, would be very useful to include a drop-down menu to choose the preferred resolution from the web interface. I hope will be added in next version 0.80.2

    Thank you very much


  • lorenzing said:
    Repetier said:
    I was thinking about it. But having had problems with bigger resolutions I voted for a healthful compromise as default and making it at least easy to change.
    If it's a not complicated thing, would be very useful to include a drop-down menu to choose the preferred resolution from the web interface. I hope will be added in next version 0.80.2

    Thank you very much

    I agree with lorenzing.
  • The latest version should have the feature to change the webcam resolution, but I can't seem to find the pull down menu or options for this feature?

    Where can I find it?
  • It only enables if you have the latest webcam scripts from the linux webcam installation guide installed. Then you can select it in webcam configuration for the printer.
  • Repetier said:
    It only enables if you have the latest webcam scripts from the linux webcam installation guide installed. Then you can select it in webcam configuration for the printer.
    ow okay, do I have to uninstall something first or can I just go through this guide step by step again? 

  • Just follow from where you download the script - mjpg_streamer is the same as you have, so you can skip that istallation. Scripts will then replace the old ones.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 40
    Roland, I read this in your site page about "Repetier Server SD Image":

    "V5 improved webcam configuration. Now allows setting resolution and frame rate from printer webcam configuration"

    I've not installed my Repetier Server V0.80.2 with your SD image, and i don't have this option in the webcam configuration.
    Please tell me why.

    Marco
  • You need to follow
    from step 6 onwards to get the option. Only the newer webcam config scripts allow this and if it is not detected, the server will not offer that option.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 40
    Ok, missing the step 6, thanks!
    Anyway why the installation package of Repetier Server, like the newest 0.80.3, it doesn't install this config scripts for mjpg-streamer and cam resolution automatically?
  • mjpg streamer might be installed in some other way already. We did not want to be too intusive with our server forcing everyone to use the mjpg streamer solution we like. Therefor that is a separate package that needs to match. For our server image this is of course installed already along with a lot of other features so e.g. screensaver also works on pi displays.
Sign In or Register to comment.