Configure multiple Webcams in Server >0.80

Hi,
i use two Printer with one Raspberry Pi. In future another Printer will be controlled by this raspi too.
All Printers will have his own Camera to view the printing from everywhere.

For now there is one RaspiCam and one USB Cam. In future two USB cams.
So the mjpgstreamer config for the cams are different. (Cam1 /dev/video0  and Port 8080, Cam2 /dev/video1 and Port8081) and so on.
The config for mjpgstreamer schould be configurable by printer or global config.
Edit the device name , port, resolution ect. to start parallel mjpegstreamer processes for different cams.

At the moment i use a shell script to start a second mjpgstreamer for the usb cam.
If you have questions please ask.

Regards
Sven

Comments

• I guess you are referring to the image solution since the normal server config already allows one camera per printer.

Should be not to hard to allow maybe 4 webcams in total. Configuration will be harder. Will see if I get some ideas as I also want to allow changing webcam properties like framerate and resolution.
  • Hi,
    no this freature request is not for the resolution.
    When you save a Cam config to a printer, you can only use USB or Pi Cam config.
    I think at this point you have to set the cam config for mjpegstream to. Maybe in advanced user config.
    If there more then one cam you have to start multiple mjpgstreamer instances (webcam Server) with different config like local Port where you can grep the video, the /dev/videox device and maybe resolution ect. When you click restart webcam server you only restart the webcam server for this printer where you make the config.

• We are currently planning a better strategy for configuring mjpg streamer allowing multiple instances with simple setup from server config.
  • We are currently planning a better strategy for configuring mjpg streamer allowing multiple instances with simple setup from server config.
    Sounds good, maybe in the next update :) I can do a (beta) test for this function if you want..
  • Abby update on this @Repetier
  • Yes, 0.80.2 on V5 image has automatic configuration of multiple webcams. In configuration of webcam you then get a dropdown to select from up to 11 webcams (pi + 10 usb). You can even set resolution + Framerate. But maybe you should wait a few days until we release V6 image as V5 has a problem with wlan setup. Working on last kinks for update to 0.80.3 with new fixed image.
  • @Repetier great. Thank-you for the update!