Moving from Rumba (Marlin) to MKS Sbase 1.3 (Smoothieware) - TCP-IP

Hello everyone, I've been using Repetier Server on my Makerfarm i3v with Rumba board connected to my server via a USB cable now for about 3 months and its worked well. However and due to no fault of Repetier I have a heatpump air handler in the same room which creates a lot of EMF noise for the USB cable and causes disconnection. 

I looked around and finally decided to go to ethernet, as the twisted pair design inheriently removes EMF noise. I also like the fact of connecting to the printer via TCP/IP - Ethernet cable.

However I want to continue to utilize Repetier Server with a network connection to the printer. For example the server is 192.168.1.240 and the printer is 192.168.1.115

I cannot find any settings in Repetier Server which allow this to happen. Everything I am seeing is a COM port , however I have noticed a Virtual Cartesian option. No clue what that is...

Is there anyway to make server hookup via tcp/ip and NOT use USB

I know Repetier Host can do this, but what about Server? I am running Repetier Server on a Windows 10 computer as well.

thx in advance!

Comments

• Server has no option for tcp/ip. Maybe there is a conversion tool that could do it like socat for linux (also I'm not sure if com->tcp is also possible, only used it the other way around).
  • Why wouldn't this be included going forward? Network printing is the way it will be, you can see a lot of retail printers going that way now... Seems Repetier Server needs to really have a networked printer option in there as well.
  • Actually I don't have a printer with TCP/IP for developing. So it is hard to write and test such a system, except maybe with socat faking it. But in deed it would be a good extension.
  • Surely, if networking is possible with octoprint, you can do it with repetier server (using socat) as well. Check http://smoothieware.org/octoprint for details.
    Please post if it works, thx