Repetier Server & Loading gCodes

I've installed repetier Server on my new windows machine.  And anytime I try to upload a file I get the attached and below error?  Has anyone had this before?

Failed to remove finished job file C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models/00000007_Pikachu_-Pokemon (1).g, reason:boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models\00000007_Pikachu_-Pokemon (1).g"

Comments

• Windows can not delete a file that is actively being used, which is the error you see. At which point do you get this message? At the beginning the renderer might be building the preview image so deleting it would fail, but that would only be the first 10-20 seconds on a normal windows machine So to reproduce it the exact steps when it happens are important.

A later delete from the list should be possible. Also make sure you have 0.75.1 - we have already improved this problem a bit and will add more tests in upcoming version.
  • I have .0.75.1 just set it up this am and I am just selecting upload file.  Soon as it says "upload finished" I get that error.  So it's like something else is trying to delete it.
  • maybe this helps
  • Ok, that already helped me a bit. The talk about a finished job was a bit misleading, but that was my error as I didn't differentiate model/print job in remove files. I also found that when uploading fails it tries to delete a job from print queue with same id, so now it is a bit hard to figure out what is the initial cause.

Could you have a look at your server.log file (in storage directory/logs). My guess is that uploading the file somehow fails. In the catch for this case we try to delete the created files to clean up everything. You should see in the log a message
    "Creating new model caused error ..."
    with hopefully some more informations on what caused the upload to fail. Eventually a restart of the server helps to get it working again, but that depends on the error causing the initial error. If it is the gcode causing a fail, please mail it or put it on pastebin so I can try uploading it and finding where the real problem is.

• It's any gcode I upload.  It's a fresh install, and restarting the service or server makes no difference.  I'll grab the server.log and upload it
  • Can't find the log folder, where is that on windows
  • Should be in C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\logs

• Should be in C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\logs

Thx, I'll check and upload soon as I get back to that PC.
  • edited August 2016
    Should be in C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\logs

Thank you, here's the log file: http://pastie.org/10933381

I noticed this is the part where it's failing:

2016-08-09 06:23:13: Job created: C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.u
    2016-08-09 06:23:13: finish job C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.u
    2016-08-09 06:23:13: Updating info for C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.g printer Wanaho_Di3
    2016-08-09 06:23:13: Creating new model caused error Not found
    2016-08-09 06:23:13: error: Failed to remove finished job C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.g, reason:boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Repetier-Server\printer\Wanaho_Di3\models\00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.g"
    2016-08-09 06:23:13: Handling action 'listModels' caused error Not found
    2016-08-09 06:23:14: LUA job rendering.render#{"id":14,"image":"C:\\ProgramData\\Repetier-Server\\printer\\Wanaho_Di3\\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl_l.png","layer":"C:\\ProgramData\\Repetier-Server\\printer\\Wanaho_Di3\\models/00000014_Bed Lead Screw Mount (5).stl.layer","list":"models","slug":"Wanaho_Di3"}

looks like the png and .g files are still created:

• I reinstalled repetier host and server and still having a similar issue.  The odd part is that the gcode uploads and pngs and other file generate similar to the above.  However, the gcode file never shows up in the available files
    imageimage
  • COuld you zip the model directory and send it. I guess installing it might show the real problem for me as well.

Afterwards you could delete the contents and restart server, then it should work again as expected. Something is confusing the server and I have to find out the reason to stop this.

As a extra caution use only ascii chars without space for filename. Will check if spaces have an issue again.
  • restarting the repetierserver with the model folder empty did the trick and it works now.  now I have to test printing with it, but should be good from here.  I zipped up the files as you asked.

heres the current modles folder zip http://ge.tt/2DOHrHd2

I tried a plane file with no special characters and same thing.  (this was before clearing the folder and restarting the service)

Also, there is no issues with special characters as this works fine:
  • Great that clearing worked.

Unfortunately your model.zip file was defect or corrupted. Got 7.3MB and it was not unzippable.