Emergency Stop Problems

edited May 2016 in Repetier-Host
Hi all!
I recently tried to print an object on my Printrbot Plus, but when it attempted to home the Z axis something went wrong and the Z axis kept moving.  In attempt to stop the motors from moving, I hit the E stop button whiched caused the program to freeze and the printer to keep moving.  Killing the power to the printer made the program close, but now after starting the program again I cannot control the printer through the repetier host (v1.6.1).  It seems to connect, but doesn't want to home or anything.  This shows up in the log,
12:51:11.958 : OpenGL version:4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.43
12:51:11.959 : OpenGL extensions:GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance 
12:51:11.959 : OpenGL renderer:GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
12:51:11.959 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible
12:52:37.355 : No start signal detected - forcing start
12:52:37.368 : N1 M110*34
12:53:17.389 : Communication timeout - reset send buffer block
12:53:17.389 : N2 M115*36
12:53:57.416 : Communication timeout - reset send buffer block
12:53:57.416 : N3 M105*36

Any ideas?  I shouldn't have used the estop in the first place, but that was my mistake.  Is this a program issue or maybe my board is toast.  Thanks!

-Addy

Comments

• Your printer does not send any lines, so there is no real connection.

Printrbot is a bit special as reset over DTR does not work here. Maybe that is also part of the problem. Try rebooting windows and unpower printer. After that it must work as before. If reset again causes this let me know and I try to reproduce it, also I have only a printrboard without printer.
  • Your printer does not send any lines, so there is no real connection.

Printrbot is a bit special as reset over DTR does not work here. Maybe that is also part of the problem. Try rebooting windows and unpower printer. After that it must work as before. If reset again causes this let me know and I try to reproduce it, also I have only a printrboard without printer.
    Thanks for the quick reply!  I just rebooted my computer and printer as you said and I'm still getting the same issue.  I also tried the button on the board while the printer was powered on (assuming thats a reset button) and that didn't seem to change anything.  

-Addy